Wednesday 16 March 2011

EPIC CAVE IS EPIC!

First things first, I solved the problem of the empty room downstairs. Thinking back to my other worlds - mainly my last one, the mountain base. I had to have a bath room, so that's what I've been turning it into. it's a work in progress but:



It has a jacuzzi, bath and shower, also a toilet with a working toilet paper dispenser (paper). Another thing I did was add a wooden column (beam) in the loft so I could add a ladder to the roof. It was on the roof that I built myself out and took a good look at the rest of this big island I was on. (There is also a cobble chimney now with neverrack so it's a working , smoking chimney.)

I noticed there was a big lake, and it was a lake as there was still the rest of the island from it, so I decided to go there and make a bird/animal watching hut as it would make a great nature reserve. After building a basic wooden hut I commenced an idea about keeping decorative logs in my chest - birch, dark work and light wood logs. I concentrated on the last two and as planned, chopped down 4 stacks of both light and dark logs for decoration purposes. Don't worry - I re-planted every tree I chopped down!

I came across the base of some mountains, a valley of sorts I guess and the water below broke of into a hole in the side of a mountain at ground level, a cave. Deciding to stay and investigate I got more and more fascinated as cave just led onto cave, iron ore was everywhere. I came back with: some brown mushroom, 4 diamonds (Even though I have all diamond tools + diamond sword + spares for a diamond sword & pick.), 2 stacks full of iron, 17 gold, tonnes of coal, Lapis! (for my living room floor!) - tonnes of stuff. With the Lapis I was able to complete the edging of my living room carpet and do about 3 rows, but I still need more.


I can't really do furniture of fittings until the carpet is done, so I still need to find alot more Lapis. Now I have found this cave though, and am prepared, whereas I found it by accident, I will go mining there with the vital equipment only and mine around the lava pools I found. I've worked out that I need just over a stack to complete the carpet, and I still need to find uses for the three rooms upstairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts