Saturday 26 March 2011

Can't Leave It Alone....

My Alpha world Mountain Base...


I thought I could, but I couldn't...



It started long go with turning the stone walls in the front room into sand walls, an idea I had had for months. Then slowly using the idea from my Beta world/home I changed the ceiling to wool tiles as well. For a while it was just that, getting the wool to change the ceiling but more was soon to follow. I've slowly changed the corridor leading to the dining hall, now matching the other corridor with sandstone walls and wood floor. The biggest thing however is on top of the mountain, I've built on it again like before I lost this world and two weeks of work. (Prompting the desire to leave my Alpha worlds for good.)

Instead of an airport-esq looking top I I've gone with a standard fort look this time. I've also laid cobble over the grass so not only does it add height (As the wall had to be one higher after), but allowed me to change the ceiling in rear sitting room, finally transforming it to wool ceiling tiles instead of dirt. I also changed the stone fire place to what little brick I had:



It actually looks cooler with the default look:


Okay the wool ceiling doesn't look like tiles anymore and the glass is shit, but still. The natural look of the wool and the bluey-gray of the clay makes it look really nice. Remember when back when it looked like this?:




I've also changed infinite room #1 into an animal farm (Mainly for sheep & wool.) and on the back of building on top of the mountain, given the observation deck a slopey slab roof. All fences that have dirt have been removed and replaced when the grass grows back (Because that really bugs me!) and the top of the mountain base links to the opposite nearby mountain which I dug round, This is because I basically went exploring and found water coming out the side of the other side of that mountain:


So I dug just a plain empty room, just so I could do the waterfall window trick again:


And dug around the side of the mountain:


It is, just a one block width path with fences so as not to fall off the the edge. So you really do have to wind your way around the mountain! With the dining hall forever needing to be furnished (Walls & floor) and the expansion of the library (for the second time, having lost that work), I guess I can never leave this world alone..



Meanwhile in Beta World..

Beyond the fountain a new path way leads away..











No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts