Tuesday 25 February 2014

Decisions, Decisions..

So literally just the other day I did a big update on the resource packs I use, or at least as many as I could that have updated to 1.7X.

AzazArid, unfortunatley has not updated nor has Misa's Realistic. AzazArid is a nice modern-ish pack with really soft colours, not modern in  as in modern style just very fresh feeling. Misa has been awol for 6 months on the forum and like a lot of Minecrafters, the concern is more that she is safe and well more than anything. I have upgraded HerSommerDye, LB Photo Realism, Modern HD, Real Life and Sphax; all to 1.7.2 or 1.74. With a majority upgraded it was tiime to go through some of the more recent worlds and decide which pack to use for which world. For my Strongholm II world - the conversion of a stronghold to a home, I have decided to change it to the Modern HD resource pack and got for an ultra modern look.



As you can see I've still got a lot of work to do changing a lot of stonebrick. The darkish grey wall in the living room behind the newly install sofa, is actually cracked stone bricks. For now it makes a nice contrast from the regular stone brick. Sandstone around the exit door (Down to the End portal and the way up to the surface, and a placemark tv which will be substituted for something better later.

For my newest world, my Podzol home; I have decided to use the Real Life resource pack. Although not a great has changed recently, apart from a couple of lanterns out the front. I did finish all the floor with birch planks (For now), so at least I have a hard floor for most of the house:



Yes, I have started putting a ceiling on - even though I still can't decide what to make the walls so it complements the podzol area. I've considered a wooden house with reguards to the podzol biome around me, but the only one that might look good is jungle wood, and the nearest jungle I still haven't found yet as this Podzol area is HUGE! The stone brick corners are just temporary, (They look like conerete breeze blocks!), but for a while it looks like more of a building site! I did orgainze my chest into chest(s) plural however, behind the door with the sign above it. After levelling out the tree farm to the rear of the building (I hated how some land was a block higher!); I had lots of wood and so made more chests and finally began seperating my collection of stuff so far.





Future kitchen:

Some worlds have not changed however, World #1 (Underground, old alpha world) is still the same, World #2 (Main world, old Alpha world) is still painterly, World #3 (Rebuild, beta) is still Soartex and AllBases is still John Smith's Legacy.

For my Ravine Home 2014, I shall be using AzazArid (Which hasn't updated yet), although I haven't done much to this world latetly. I did add a one sided piston wall to the stairs down to said ravine, and add proper stairs down to the second ravine. I also began sprucing up the abandoned mine which will become one big minecart storage facility.








Part #4 of my main world update will come soon, however, I have a special post for my next entry which has been a very sudden event (I.E. today) so that will be next. Most likely part #4 will be the next post after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts