Friday 7 February 2014

One Previous Idea + One New One

Over the last few days I have been busy with Minecraft. I finally settled on the Azaz Arid resource pack for the 1.5 Ravine world, and started to get some work done but had a decision to make.

I had decided not to change the walls to snow and keep it as stone - but all stone, no dirt or gravel, mainly because the stone looked alright in this resource pack. I also smelted a lot of cobblestone to turn into stone brick, and decided to use this as the base material for the wall borders. Once again however, I wondered if I should just start again. This ravine is poor, no off-shoot caves for rooms, (So I have to dig out rooms), no abandoned mines, just a very straight ravine. Not even a curve. The other thing to keep in mind, and this is the main thing; I started this world in 1.5. This is a long time before the new biomes and woods and a lot of the recent changes in Minecraft, let alone pre-Amplified.

So I have decided to re-start in the latest snapshot, fully taking advantage of modern Minecraft. The hunt for a great ravine, begins!...


Podzol Home! NEW!
Whilst looking for a new home I was flying about, (I usually fly about to find good stuff then when I find an adequate spot, turn it to survival mode.), and I passed this huge Pozol area! It's the modern biome with the really tall trees, leafy dirt and dirt blocks that don't grow into grass, as well as being littered with clumps of mossy cobblestone. So massive was this biome, and this was just on an ordinary world setting - not amplified, that I felt compelled to start a new world there! After I continued to look around I found an area I thought might be good and landed, and changed to survival mode. It was night-time however, so I spent most of it hiding.

In the morning, despite finding a good area, there were aspects of it that were a block higher than the rest, so some of the area had to be levelled out. I did not plan the shape however, and used the natural lines of the ground, the edges wherever it went up a block, to decide on the shape of the house. I think it's going to be a modest sized home.



The shape of the house is more longer and not as square as I thought, where I didn't measure it out. A lot of trees in the home to remove at first. Along one side I did consider building out to the side as well. Just because it's a rectangle now, doesn't mean it will stay one. I will try to shape the house more so it's not to squarish or rectangular. I placed some more rough markers in dirt outside one of the doors that I deemed to be the front, for a future porch and over-hanging roof:


Since these pictures, I have used more dirt temporarily to try and shape some walls inside and try and get an idea where everything is. I'm still not sure however what material I will use for the actual outside walls. I considered making it "Natural" in wood, but it's an ovious choice, too much so. I now have more dirt walls, one hard floor to the back door (Birch) and a small enclosed hallway entrance, in which I have stairs going up as well. They don't go up to anywhere yet, but they go up! I have also transformed one of the clumps of mossy stone outside into a source of infinite water, created a small pond, and gone adventuring, planting standard seeds and melon seas on a shore for now. Whilst travelling I eventually went far enough to find standard trees and brought back Birch and Oak saplings to bring back and start a farm.

We have glass! I also found a nice cave behind the back of the house full of the new stone types, after testing some in my inventory crafting area (For what the polished versions would look like), I grabbed loads of the Andesite (grey one not speckled) and some of the pink standard granite for the kitchen work tops. The Andesite, as you can see I have used as a decorative border at the bottom of the outside walls..

These stairs don't go anywhere yet, but never-the-less, we have a small hallway just inside the front door!

This will either be the front room/main living area or a gigantic hallway!

The extension to the side (Did go head with it in the end.), will be the kitchen. Of course I will alow spaces for chests, sinks, fridges and ovens etc.

The back room, a temporary bedroom now, just to set the spawn point, but at least I have some company!

A better view of the layout and more noticable over-head shot of the only hard floor so far! It's going to be a pretty nice sized house, and with an upstairs as well it's going to be very comfortable! I long for the day when these temporary dirt walls become soild already!

What should I use for the main exterior walls? If you have any ideas please let me know! So this is my exciting new project! It wasn't planned, but oh well, a new project! Ironically, not that far away is a decent ravine however I eventually found one on a new world...

This very unassuming ravine, on a new world doesn't look very interesting from above either - but is decpetive. It actually splits into at least 3 - 4 other ravines, and has an abandonded mine! By those statistics, it's a perfect choice for my new ravine home using the latest snapshot! Already I have started planting trees around the edge to hide all the glass that will be covering over the top. I think the man-made stairs where I dug to the surface, a little way away, is just out of shot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts