Friday 14 February 2014

MAIN WORLD: Three Month Update! Part #3

  Main world, survival.
Begun in 2010 in Alpha, I found a mountain with a hollow front and lava pouring down the front, round the back a single block waterfall coming out of the wall.. I decided it was a nice place to make a home! In 2012 after 2 years and developing my building style I began a mass re-generation scheme of my world, inside and outside. This is the story of my main world...

During my three month break from this blog, I have also had loss - with my first horse and my first donkey. Being an old Alpha world, I have to travel an extremly long way to get them in the first place, but both met their end in an unfortunate demise. If I recall correctly, my first horse, Pond (Come along Pond!) suffocated in a wall when it accidently got nudged into a minecart. The project for the tunnel (Underwater, then underground) is three blocks wide and plenty room enough, but at the very end of the line where it broke off - by Mount. DOOOOooooom, the tunnel reduces to one block width when it goes back into a mountain. I did everything I could! I tried breaking the rail in front of the horse, I even turned on creative and tried to fly ahead to cut her of by destroying the rail ahead, but the minecart was too fast for creative flying which is sooooo slow! Pond met her end, and I couldn't do a rollback that time to a back-up save as I had done a lot of work elsewhere I didn't want to have to do again.

My first donkey, Taylor Swift (I knew she was trouble when she walked in! Well I first saw her!), died on the way back from a long travel. Instead of going up onto the ice, she went under and started to drown. I tried to pick the ice but to no avail. I wish I had thought quicker and used my silk touch pick to get the ice clear. Or just gone back the way I had came so she came to the surface. So that is how they met their fate, if not that way round then reverse for the horse and donkey. I now have a second horse, Mr. Spankles, and a new donkey named Mulekey.

Recenty I have also started converting the inside of the old pub/tavern into a horse breeding building, something I will need eventually later on. Plus as a tavern It's nice and all, but I would never go in there, it served no other purpose other than to look nice. As a horse breeding farm, it will be a more functional building.

The building in question:


As it was inside:




 As it now currently is:

The big gap is were the stairs going up/under-stairs cupboard used to be! (on the right.)


It looks so big without the upper level now!

Although it's not a new idea, I've had the plan since last year; I have finally started an enchantment area on the landing down to storage. This area used to be the original science lab before a creeper did irreprible damage, by which time I was already considering moving it to the big cave system behind storage, where it now is. (Formerly the original mob area.) After I took the old lab apart however, I had blocked it all up with cobblestone so nothing could spawn in there, so - yeah; I had fun undoing all that work from long ago! Here is how it currently looks, including a huge new world map I have started after being inspired by a well known Minecraft YouTuber.



The almost-completed map!
Yes, the walls still need changing, not sure what too yet; maybe just fill with bookcases? It's getting there though. Suffice to say I've been saving up my xp and got an Unbreaking III, Silk Touch I enchantment at level 30, which I think is a pretty standard - average enchant. Was pleased to finally get a legit Silk Touch pick though, although it's wearing badly now so the level 50 I'm saving up for might have to go towards another one. I also started two new mines elsewhere (Glassing over the entrances to the exhausted ones in my immediate home area) in: the mountain area whre I get my horses, and 2) a new one by Mount DOOOOooooom. This has enabled me to get all diamond equipment again for the first time in a very long time!

Down at the very base of my mountain home, the portal moved from the stairs down to the bottom to the very back on the lowest ground floor. This means to get to the portal I now have to go past my mob area and through a door across an area with lots of lava pools to get to it.


Behind the obsidian wall of my mob area, I've created a cobblestone tube in the centre and am trying to hollow it out. The idea is - that eventually it will be dark enough that mobs drop from a great height (May have to create a ledge to spawn on?) and die upon impact. Eventually I hope to have chests beneath the floors and hoppers on the surface so that hopefully the mob drops will go into a chest. At at least that's the plan.

One final thing that should have been in update #1 was the change in the observation deck, from a rectagle build to one that's more shaped thanks to a change to an oval-ish window using glass panes.

Before:


After:
*Taken during the winter, hence the chage in texture of grass to snow.



Coming up in Part #4: The underwater/underground minecart project, Mount DOOOooooom and other current & future plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts