Saturday 1 February 2014

MAIN WORLD: Three Month Update! Part #2

  Main world, survival.
Begun in 2010 in Alpha, I found a mountain with a hollow front and lava pouring down the front, round the back a single block waterfall coming out of the wall.. I decided it was a nice place to make a home! In 2012 after 2 years and developing my building style I began a mass re-generation scheme of my world, inside and outside. This is the story of my main world...

One of the other major changes in Minecraft, was the introduction of stained glass; a very big welcome introduction for me. At first I didn't think I would use it and experimented with a three coloured window somwehere within my home, but the crafting process convinced me I wouldn't really use it. After all, you can only colour the glass blocks, but; you still can get colored panes by then crafting them, in the ususal way into window panes.  As nice as my almost clear glass is in my Painterly texture pack, compared to the satined glass it doesn't compare. One of the first areas I began experimenting in was the huge sun windows in the main living area.

As it was:

 Today:


As a result, I have also made other changes with the glass as it just looks so much nicer, and smoother than my regular painterly glass. The following changes were also made to the bedroom with darkened glass (Black) for privacy, the re-built bathroom shower, and to the glass in the science lab.

Yeah, the rest of the decor is still a "to do" project!


To show the bathroom shower, I should mention that I finally began the major upgrade on the decor. Apart from some very minor changes from a long urinal to a new location for the bath/hot-tub, nothing has changed in this room for a very long time! The old sandstone decor was very tired, out-dated and not imaganitive enough in any way:

Blurgh! Bland!

All this has changed however with an adventerous plan to change the walls and floors to Nether Quartz. The idea being for the walls to be the more decorative Quartz with the plain quartz for the floor, and a last minute decision to have the same basic quartz block as a border to the bottom of the walls. Also to have pillars.  There's still some work to do as it takes a lot of Quartz! as well as being constantly harrassed by Ghasts in the local neighborhood of the Nether!

Still work to do..
As you can probably tell by the wider front, the shower (Still a working shower!) was completely rebuilt. Although I'm not very good with redstone, I have become much, much more better (or at least confident?!) in hiding redstone. In the old shower you could visably see the piston in the ceiling holding the water back. The logistics with the redstone was a bit of a nightmare, but I love the results. Now, (Also to help light levels); one of the glowstone lights retracts back up into the ceiling to release the water then neatly slides back down into place after the shower.



The other change was of course stained clay, and after finding a Mesa biome 5000 Minecraft miles from my Half-way house (Last post) I have gone a bit crazy with it! I changed the light grey wool passage way down to storage to it (Same color in stained clay), and have changed walls that use to use sand as a decorative block. Back in the day, before I got my "Stop enderman stealing blocks" mod, this use to be a major problem and I would often find one block holes. Although it wasn't a problem after the mod, after a long time I did tire of the sand walls myself. So the walls in the main living area were changed from sand to yellow hardened clay, the open hall-way ajoining to the dining room, from sand to orange stained clay.



The passage-way to the dinning hall:

Now I should mention that yes, that is a dark oak floor; and yes in the earlier shot of the bedroom that was acacia floor planks. When I found that Mesa biome I also found a savana biome with acacia trees. I did go further and also found the dark oak trees. After a lot of chopping down, I brought back some sapling specimens to replant; but his would intern mean I needed new areas for tree farms.. So far I had on a nearby mountain - the mix of spruce and jungle trees, and near the actual food farms the two tier regular tree farms:




As eagle-eyed readers might see I have a new second set of stairs going up.. I flattenned some of the bumpy mountain wall out, to create a limited area for arcacia trees to grow. At first it was just a three tree-farm but I took the mountain wall back even more to double my supply:



Spin around where I am stood above, and I had to dig into the mountain (Being very weary of where the maze was up there!), and created a new 2nd route to the top of the mountain for the new Dark Oak plantation:

Note to self!: Remove that redstone torch! I was low on torches and had redstone on me okay!





On the subject of farms, I have also in the last week, finally switched my potatoe and carrot farms to automated harvesting like the wheat farm. More about that next time however as, if I don't stop writing now I never will! This post is already long.


Coming up: Enchantments, horse & donkey shenanigans, the mob area and portal relocation, enchantment rooms, diamonds and silk touch picks, that underwater/underground minecart project, Mount DOOOooooom and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts