Saturday 29 October 2011

So Much For StrongHolm

Guys, (And gals), I'm not sure if I'm going to continue building a home in a stronghold - it's getting kinda boring trying to reach the end. Also, after accidentally travelling to the End that time on my old main world, it kinda took the point out of it. (Although there is ore-release 5 now) One nail in the coffin was losing by Blaze Rod powder. I was outside trying to fight Enderman, in the sand near by my home, and, I died. Not by the Enderman, I had a creeper on me too, and it was him that got me. I lost the blaze rod powder. I went straight back out, literally back up the stairs and out into the sand, and I just could not find my stuff! I wasn't that far from my house but I absolutely could not find it. This means going to the nether, which I did to get more blaze rod powder, but the stairs I had dug up to get higher up to get to the stronghold were covered in lava - flowing all down the stairs! I don't know what the hell happened there.


In the mean time I tried to start a new 1.9 pre-release 5 world, and I came across this area not far from spawn:









A mountain with that many holes in it was begging to be asked to converted to a home. I already have ideas. That big hole in the mountain - round the back, the one that looks very door shaped, I could have a dock at the bottom - but in the middle a long sky bridge connecting to that other mountain across the water round the back, the one with the oval hole in the middle. (Picture 3). As there's no lava or waterfalls, I want it to be very different this time, there will be no sandstone outside or cobble, no sandstone corridors inside. I was thinking maybe making it ultra-modern this time? Wool or snow for white outer walls? I think it's a good sign when I spent a couple of hours clearing areas and using the dirt too shape initial rooms, and didn't even notice how much time had passed:

Already you can see dirt stairs going up the right side of the mountain, these will be changed of course.






There's a door hole at the end of this newly patched up wall, leading to:




The upstairs room also has an "off-area" where I just dug some twisty-steps down into what led to a cave. After dying once, I got some Iron ore from a cave to make a bucket and have made a temporary farm at the very top of the mountain where it's mostly flat. Just for now, to keep some health, It may be moved elsewhere eventually. In the bigger lower room that looks out of the mountain, i will add a balcony I think. Already having this many ideas, doing this amount of work so far and not noticing the time is a very good sign.

Also! near the spawn point, which I never noticed initially is a ravine! I have also found two dungeons already! The other day I found a dungeon and actually got coca beans for the first ever time! The first dungeon is a skeleton dungeon and near the surface too! I'll keep the spawner for constant bones.

Literally, here is the hole:


If I turn 360, you can see the my mountain from the opposite direction:


And just inside the opening of the cave is the dungeon:


The other dungeon is inside the mountain itself where I dug down to the cave, that one is only a zombie dungeon, don't really think it's worth keeping the spawner as they only drop rotten flesh. need to explore the whole of that cave more anyway. Was really pleased about finding two dungeons already though.

Still need to finish the apartments on my former main world world2, but need more wool, more snow. No point getting snow because now I've run out of pumpkins for the Snow Golems. Unless I just get all snow from that other chunk (Via a portal in the Nether) - but that's a long process. For the arial shots of this new world I used the new F6 key assignment to float in the air. so whilst in world two I used it and found an old portal a long way from the others I'd forgotten about. It comes out in a new chunk! There's vines on trees so that's good. You can lower yourself in mid-air with F6, but you have to be very quick because you will for. Just wish there was a way to go up, as I need more Glowstone. Especially as I started removing the lamps in the front room because the fences connect to blocks now. They also looked weird when moved one block forward in the front room.

I don't know if I'll eve continue that dock-esq home called "Waterworld", but I really should finish that other big home on this world:




So that's all the news, let me know what you think, it'd be nice to hear some input. =)


5 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for a couple weeks now for a school project and I really like your style of building. Do you have any tips for a builder like me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriouly want mine craft can get free here with your help of signing up and u can get it for ree 2 its legal http://www.rewards1.com/2599496

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CX7000: Just try and use a few different materials for your walls, floors as well, Was there anything specific you needed help on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @peter: How do you keep your self from becoming bored of a project?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @CX7000: You just keep making yourself new goals, new things to build, or new things to do, go exploring.Even I am prone to getting bored sometimes however.

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts