Wednesday 5 October 2011

LOOK AT THE WHEAT! LOOK AT THE WHEAT!!

This is pretty much what I kept saying too the two cows i got to trek over two mountains back to my pens, after waving wheat in front of their faces! At last count I have at least several pigs, about 5 cows and numerous sheep. Just need some chickens now.


I have slowly been progressing with the hotel, but the delay has been because of the stairs to each flat. With stairs on each level it would make each window different, because - a big bay window where toy can see stairs going up is kinds ugly. I thought of using a minecart lift, but it's impractical for getting off at each floor. I maybe considered a spiral staircase, and built it fine on my 1.9 creative "testing" world. When it came to the space in the building however, it was impractical. For now I have a standard ladder up to each floor, and a waterfall for a quick descent. Once deciding this, i set about changing the layout of the walls for each apartment. (Originally composing of walls to hide the stairs up. I have been busy doing these walls, sand on one flow, snow the next, back to sand again for the next and so on. Adding windows where I can, it's slowly getting quite symmetrical now. Have also added a porch roof over the entrance, and the snow golems have been working extra hard!


Here are some progress pictures:






The row on the top floor with the two points is the start of the roof!


I've also started adding the ceilings to hide the wooden floors, so the snow golem's work is not over yet!

Also:


Where water meets swamp water! Found when travelling in a 1.9 world (Still trying to find land that inspires me to build.) Just thought it was interesting enough to screen-shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts