Tuesday 6 May 2014

Losing Inventories // 1.7.5








Unfortunately, this world is going to have to be put on hold as is any world in the latest snapshot, due to the inventory / ID change.

Now I know better than to accidently open a world in the latest snapshot then go back to a previous version and loose all my stuff, but it seems even just going into a snapshot can loose you everything thanks to the new ID system being implemented. Such is the case with World #3 - the one where I knocked down my old beta home and rebuilt it in a more modern style. Not only did I lose everything in my inventory, I lost everything in every single chest in the house. Including all the sand sandstone from the previous building. So much so that even in my back up folders now I have separated the saves into pre 1.8/post 1.8. If I do want to attempt one of the later worlds I have to take the existing saves out (Just in case, and I now only keep the saves I need in there) before popping in a snapshot world and starting it up. Before going back to a previous version, I will load it up in that version with no saves in my save folder at all, do that first; before putting them back in after a re-opening Minecraft. I am being that careful now/am that paranoid. 

In other news I have upgraded my three worlds that I use Sonics Unbelievable Shaders on; (World #1 - Underground home and original Alpha world, World #2 - Main world and World #3 mentioned above.) Now the shaders have updated I've gone from 1.7.2 to 1..7.5, slowly getting nearer to modern Minecraft!

No real news on my main world, although I have continued the sky-lights theme; this time in the science lab.


I can't work out the problem with the stained glass not being see-through as it's supposed to be, something to do with the shaders I guess.

That's about it for now, quick post today, will have more news soon. =)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts