Wednesday 30 April 2014

New World Generation // More World 2 Info

So when the terrain sliders were first introduced, this is way before they were actually in the game; I was very dismissive about them. For me at the time, it just seemed to be pandering to all these constant complainers about the terrain generation, so when this new feature came out in Minecraft, initially I was not that bothered.

I decided to try it though, and my first attempt wasn't very remarkable - mainly due to the fact I didn't notice the "Next Page" in the top right hand corner. When I did though, I had one other funny spawn when I spawned in the ocean and the water height was so high - I was literally half-a-heart away just as I got under the surface. I shall continue to try new world attempts though, but in my non-attempt that I first mentioned I did come across a nice little isolated mountain that I decided to make a home or base in. (Not sure which yet.)


As you can see I made some dirt stairs up to where I thought would be a good entrance would be and a small little bridge going in, made of granite. Well Dorite, polished Dorite. I had ramped up the dungeons however from the 7 it was set to default as, to 50, as soon as I got into the mountain it dropped into caves and there was a dungeon around the corner! A skeleton one, so now i have an armory of sorts with a never-ending supply of bows and arrows to grind.






As the cave dipped down it also ran into a ravine! Not just one, but a double dip ravine!  I got lots of Lapis, iron, little bit of gold, loads of coal, 5 diamonds and 4 emeralds so far! I think I'll make this more of a "base" than a home. Functional rather than aesthetic.

First ravine:

It wasn't very interesting though, unlike....

Second ravine, just below it:


I also have a little farm going on outside the back of the mountain, just a "Starting farm" for now. The crop on it's own is potato main: wheat.




Strangely excited for this world!



Main world, survival. Begun in 2010 in Alpha, I found a mountain with a hollow front and lava pouring down the front, round the back a single block waterfall coming out of the wall.. I decided it was a nice place to make a home! In 2012 after 2 years and developing my building style I began a mass re-generation scheme of my world, inside and outside. This is the story of my main world...

To stop myself from getting too bored with my "Big projects" on my main world, I occasionaly take breaks and switch to another project, which is what I have done here. So for now, I've taken a little pause on the new tower for Mount DOOOOOooooom. Last time, I was about to do the final top floor and roof of the new tower, and where I left it - I've just started the roof. I have however added the window ledges (Upside down cobble steps) and the security walls around them (Cobble fences) to stop me falling out - so with those it's certainly looking very different now! At least however, it's not as bland as it used to be.

 
So I've switched to another project, well two, for a while and the main one was finally getting back to the half-way house development! (Home inside a big hole in a chunk border.) Last time I had extended to the sides, left and right of the chunk wall, and made them part of the house:


I said I was going to add a roof overhang over each side to make it better, so I got busy chopping down lots of spruce trees nearby to make the stairs and this is the result:


A big improvement! You'll notice I turned one set of windows: two wide | three wide | two wide, into one big window and that's because the window shutters were sat right next to each other and it didn't look good. There wasn't room to space out the windows more, and reducing would've made it a three | one | three combination, and I did not want a one-width in the middle! Due to low light and shaders, there was a small bit of damage inside by the stairs up when a creeper spawned, I patched it up though and although I didn't look at any previous pictures I can't tell the difference. Think I got it spot on.

That's not all however!

I did say 2 projects, as a new one opened up. I started thinking about a second minecart ride, this one going to the half-way house as it's always quite a lug over. Okay I do have more horses now after breeding, (Did I mention I did that a long while ago too? I acquired a new horse after the usual 5000+ Minecraft mile journey and named him Artax. I then bred him but the fowl is yet unnamed.) So I do have horses but what gave me the idea was this strange splodge of mountain behind the main mountains that lie behind the swimming pool and tennis court round the back. It's always been strange, and over the years I've wanted to do something with it but wasn't sure what. I leveled out bits but it's been the same more or less for the last almost 4 years:



So that strange squared of blob of a mountain that has been nothing for years will become a minecart station. I've used the 5 block width of the front as the basis of the width of the tunnel leading from it - all the way through the mountain to the back of my home.

So here's the back of my mountain home:


Then if you turn around, here's the very long tunnel that leads to the minecart station


It doesn't stop there however. I've tested this on my creative copy of the world, and beyond the proposed minecart station the rail/tunnel will continue from there, through various chunk borders (! Making them useful!) all the way to my Half-way house! In the creative version, I couldn't have planned it better if I had actually planned it! Some of the areas where it goes through the chunk borders are perfect and it comes out right by the half-way house! If I had planned it, (I was just following my instinct), it may not have been as good. But it's what gave me the push to do it in my survival world!

It took between an hour & half - two hours just to dig the first part of the tunnel and the next part after the minecart station will take even long but will be soooo worth it! It will also take tonnes of iron for the rails but hey-ho.

So that's what's keeping me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts