Thursday 22 May 2014

Amplified EXTREME Mountain Survival

New project.


So I started a new world, an amplified one; and originally it was going to be for the Sky-bridges project. I know I restarted this for 2013, but it was before we had the new biomes and amplified settings. Plus now we have generation sliders. Just as well I never got far with it as I will starting again soon. That was the original intention for this world - but then, not only did I spawn on an oddly shaped mountain but; a freakishly isolated one in the middle of the ocean!




Don't worry, it's not going to be a home in a mountain (Again!), I set myself some challenges and new rules. The twist is - I cannot build inside the mountain! Any rooms I need for this have to be on the mountain or coming off the mountain. That means there may well be platforms built of the sides of the mountain - but no building inside it! I can use the inside for resources - but that's all! I can also convert the sides of the mountain if I wish - which is an idea, looks completely built on the outside but is really solid mountain inside.

Of course there wasn't one single solitary tree on said mountain! It does however have a nice beach base, there's a cow and a pig, oh and a horse! Which almost got killed the first night by a creeper! First things first I had to get up to the mountain itself so I dug some dirt (By hand) and slowly made a dirt stair-case up to and connecting to the tallest bit of the mountain. When night cane I needed to get trees from.. somewhere.. So I swam and swam, eventually reaching another island - populated by skeletons. Wasn't going to go up that way! Especially as I had no weapons or tools. I couldn't even see any trees anyway. After swimming around the new island I finally saw a few trees! Oak and Birch! Of course the birch tree would be on an awkward to get too ledge!


Of course as well as planting, I brought back plenty of saplings to plant on my island, Only building a crafting bench and boat, the latter; so at least I could get back quicker. When I returned I made all the basic tools and a sword in cobble and began planting, finishing off the dirt stairs. Now I could use a pick and shovel to carve around the mountain to get to the top. The first basic home was in plain Oak wood, but I planned to make it villager hut like using logs bordering the windows too. Eventually I smelted cobble and made stone brick for the borders.




You can just see a small wheat farm I've made at the bottom for now in picture two, I want to have a farm coming of the side of the mountain later; where mobs can't get on too. That will only really be needed when I start getting more things like pumpkins, coca beans, water melons, carrots and potatoes. For the former items I suspect I'm going to have to do a lot of traveling! I have started a mine inside the mountain as technically that's not a building. Found 6 diamonds! Made a diamond axe to begin with as I will be using a lot of wood at first, the rest I'll split into a diamond sword and space.

This is going to be a very interesting project/challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts