Tuesday 1 April 2014

Hauling A** On World#3!



Poor little abandoned World #3.

Started in Beta,  abandoned when I got bored of it, then badly damaged by Ogres in a Minecraft mod back in 2013.. There was salvation however, when I took the opportunity to rebuild the entire things from scratch, in a new modern design after knocking the previous building down. As you know I got so far with it but then...

Okay I didn't abandon it I just got side-tracked, I always meant to come back to it!

So it's been a while since I properly touched and have done anything to this world. When we last left it it was still very much in the early stages of having the lower floor done - turning outside temporary dirt walls to white hardened clay. As it looked: 

(FRONT)


(BACK)


It started out just making a few adjustments, but then I spent a large amount of time traveling to discover new chunks. The main reason I went out in the first place however was for clay. I needed a lot more to get some work done on changing those temporary dirt walls to hardened clay. (White.)  I came back, built the walls up replacing the dirt so it was all level to the upper floor, and started there when I ran out again. Went for another trip, It wasn't overly successful. I did come back with some Dark Oak saplings so I can grow my own more nearer by, and I can back with a stack of each of the three granite types however. Came back with a lot of clay however and managed to complete two whole walls upstairs!


 The more I stepped back and looked at the roof however, the more I really started to not like the spruce planks/stairs against the pinkish  white hardened clay. It's then I started getting ideas about changing the roof completely. I now had Dark Oak, but it would mean completely re-doing the entire roof. (Still an option). Even though I was meant to be going to bed, I ended up doing to the roof. I don't like how (Above), the end of the roof is that way round facing out over the column wall. So my idea was to just continue it length ways all the way along - as seen in the roof towards the top right of the picture. I also didn't like the way it did the same in the picture before the above one, round that side. Or the little squatty roof over the glass-framed section of the building. Although it took a very long time, I think it looks better now than it did.

It was missing something as well so I built a stone-brick (With Netherrack) chimney. I also made a copy of this world (Also my main world and world#1) for 1.7.2. It's a version down but these copies are for me testing out Sonic's Unbelievable Shaders:



Clearer day, view despite the awful weather!:


Whilst on my Creative Shaders copy, I made a few subtle changes, such as the slab roof on the brick building, but it didn't stop there...

Before long I was changing things to how I envisioned, making lots of changes and finally working out the layout and what the pink (White hardened clay) room should be! So pleased was I that today, after taking lots of pictures last night, have begun the work properly and legit in my survival world!

FRONT:

The white triangular building now has a bit of an overhang roof ledge, finally resolved that problem, the raised brick wall is almost corrected and the brick building has it's slab roof. You can see what I mean here about just taking the roof longways all the way along. I'm a bit worried it ruins some of the shape of the buildings though(?) as the grey (Stone-brick) rectangular one is now roofed.

BACK:

The upper long window, has been split into two now and you can see clearly when I've got up too on the hardened clay extravaganza. Need to get even more clay now. The new roof does cut of the really big sky-light on the white building, (Not seen here), but I checked inside and enough light still gets through, so it's all good.

Inside I've been making a number of changes already. The old empty main room with the paintings, will become the new huge kitchen diner:

BEFORE


CURRENTLY:



In the hallway I got rid of the dirt arch, an extra wall there isn't really needed.

I'll tidy this up and hide the dirt layer and side of the above floor with brick, when I get more clay.

In the other hallway a minor change but more of a pattern to make it a little less bland:


The main living room (With even more windows - some on to hallways) is starting to look a little lived in now and less minimal:


Upstairs, things are starting to change now as new temporary walls are put up to start dividing the large upstairs space:





This area will be the new 2nd bedroom once closed in:





As you can see, I've really gotten back into this world big time! I'm going to have to go out clay hunting again, but now I've got the hunger for this world again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts