Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Update Thread

Main world, survival. Begun in 2010 in Alpha, I found a mountain with a hollow front and lava pouring down the front, round the back a single block waterfall coming out of the wall.. I decided it was a nice place to make a home! In 2012 after 2 years and developing my building style I began a mass re-generation scheme of my world, inside and outside. This is the story of my main world...


The BIG push! 
I've been working very hard lately on making a major push to the "big projects" on this world. in an attempt to get them done or really get somewhere with them.

Firstly is the apartment block. After changes to the decor on the outside and adding more enhancements (Log trimming, window hatches and window sills) it became abandoned a bit again. When I looked again I realized although I had done the log trim on all 4 sides, I only did the extras (mentioned) on the front side, so I set to work growing spruce trees in the apartment block's back yard so I could give the other three sides their window hatches and window sills. (Trap-doors and upside down stairs respectively.)

Yes I realise I've missed one bot or log trim and window shutters!

I still have the back of that new roof I was doing to finish off, but that's because I changed the top penthouse ceiling from snow to wool like all the other floors, and that was a feat! (It has snow walls so snow ceiling as well would not be good. The rest now includes making sure each floor has a better bathroom and kitchen.

The other big thing I've been pushing, is phase #2 of the underwater/underground minecart tunnel - decoration. Phase #1 (Underwater) had either end decorated with sandstone walls with colored carpet running through the middle (Named the "Green line". For the "Red Line" of the redecoration of the underground tunnels I decided not to use sandstone. It's a pain getting it (Long way away) and they you have to convert it into sandstone and it's very resource hungry. I switched instead to the more natural stone-brick. And as I have many double chests full of cobble I might as well put it to use! So I've been smelting like mad and redecorating the rest of the tunnels all the way to Mount. DOOoooooooom!



Just the red wool to fill in now, and it's done!

Speaking of
Mount. DOOoooooooom(!) I've been busy on that as well. Here is a picture back in the day:

 
When I changed the front tower from ladders up to stairs (Taking up almost all of the inside of the tower itself.:



Just this week:



Yes, no tower at all! Besides that the fact that I am also using shaders full time for this world now (like-wise for world #1: underground home and world #3), the whole stairs in the tower thing wasn't really working for me at all. So, literally this Easter weekend I stood on the roof and demolished it top to bottom so I can rebuild it! I noticed that whilst it was only 8 blocks across width, it was only 7 blocks across the other way, so I evened it out and began building again in all weathers. No big fat bit in the middle this time, and I've rounded the corners off so they're diagonal:



A straight tower, the next level up will be the final one and slightly protruding out from the tower. (IE a bit bigger.) As you can see, at the base I've also extended  a wall back from the stairs up onto the sand, to try and hide some of that nasty chunk border wall. I think I will continue this round by the stairs, along and round the corner; so there's an "Inner" fort wall like the main outside one. Also, (After trying it out on my creative copy of the world); I will make that back building that's very high up and set back from the front tower, double height. I tried on my creative copy and liked it, so will implement it on survival, I have the cobble I've horded the the past 3 years 7 months.

This time, to get up the tower; I've built stairs again but on the outside this time! Round the back though as obviously there will be lava flowing down round the front, so they've tucked away round the back and go up one side to each level. This also means plenty of room inside the tower now with the stairs removed to the exterior!

I've also been in the kitchen and dinning room! Back in (2012/2013?) when I raised the dinning room ceiling up 2 blocks and I gave it a completely new look, I didn't add the sky-lights back in. This was a choice and done on purpose. I thought it'd be alright with lots of glowstone and some torches - but it was not. It was far to dark in the day, So working from the ground above the dinning room (As I have lots of paths up there so doing it from below would mean lots of holes in unwanted places); I brought back the sky-lights.



The above picture is day time and already the different is quite noticable! A few dark patches still but very light! With the kitchen - even though it's only half done, I implimented it here as well with the same size in each corner:



Forgive the snow on the ground, I have put a snow golem to work for the snow blocks I need for the ceiling. With that said, I'm likekly to change the wall deco now completetly.



Yes we have a banner now!








Not much to report here, but the major change was turning the outside that I done, from dark Oak planks to the surrounding spruce tree planks in the Mega Taiga. This is because I only have two dark oak trees and being in the middle of a Mega Taiga, the spruce trees are everywhere!



The future living room ceiling is completed with wool now (just need glowstone for lighting!), so I have started the upstairs.

Still a long way to go however.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts