Thursday 1 November 2012

I Sea You!



Recently I have been ploughing ahead with my underwater tunnel, the new location for my mine-cart system instead of across the sea. (Where it stopped boats getting out.) So instead of being on wood blacks across the sea, along side the cobble bridge, it will now be through a proposed glass tunnel, under the sea - directly under the bridge.

(Old Pic):




Work on this had been slow as I slowly built the side and top dirt walls, later to be changed into glass.  Very recently though I spent a day working on it and steamed ahead getting a lot done! Now admittedly, I did turn it to peaceful to continue the side walls under the sea and the 1 block lower ceiling. (So it is now completely under water.) Even then I had to keep bobbing up for breath, but alas I made it to the other side of the water and completed the dirt tunnel, all the way across to the shore and nearby church just of that shore.

The tedious bit however was not dong the sides and top of the dirt tunnel, but draining the water from within it. Especially when it wasn't all one level as parts dipped. In particular, the end from the the other side (church end), which was 2 - 3 block higher than the starting side. So I had to lower it to match. The minecart system above ground running past the church will also be underground eventually going through a mountain as it comes out by Mount DOOOooooom. (Not sure what I'm going to do there, maybe keep it above ground? I will keep the rails from Mount DOOOOoooom to my SMP house shrine, above the water, except maybe improve widen and transform it(?) Possibly overhead glass tunnel). Either way this is it and so far it's offering great views looking back on my mountain home:




At this current time I need to gather more sand as I've completely run out of every single bit of stored sand I have. Before I carry on down the tunnel, I think I'll do the roof up to where I got to, to expand on those views. I also need to fix the current in the water, left by the previous height of the ceiling before it went totally underwater.


Texture Packs
In other news I've updated a ****-load of my texture packs to 1.4.2 now! A week and a bit ago I updated the painterly pack for this world - world#2 (Above) and at the same time the alternate painterly pack for World#1 (The underground home.) I also made a 1.4.2 Xmas version for World#2. I also updated John Smith's texture pack (Allbases world), The Soartex fanver pack (1.9.5 world/modern home in a mountain) and Misa's realistic pack. (For my latest StrongHolm II world.) As well as the LB Photo Realism Pack and Sphax for the multiplayer server I'm on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts