Thursday 22 November 2012

Obsessive Cave Home [Creative]

So lately over the past few days I've been obsessing over this cave home that I've created on my creative world. The idea came about from a gaming YouTuber I watch, he had a guest on his world/server who started making a home in a cave and I thought it was a really good idea. It inspired me enough to try it myself!

I've had an underground home before, If you're familiar with this blog, you'll know that on my first Alpha world I had an underground home but int was in a "drop-down" cave. What I mean by that is a hole in the ground that goes straight down as opposed to a regular with a cave mouth. Therefore the home was split into different levels, wherever there was a flat bit on the way down. The great thing with a cave home and caves is that they run on and on with gradual descent down. (Although with some steep drops) This would mean the home in a cave would have room running on from room. I opted to use Misa's Realistic Texture Pack, the same that I'm using for my Stronghold home. (StrongHolm II.)




The first picture was originally going to be the front entrance, but I've swapped it as a back one and made the 2nd picture the new plush entrance. (Or at least it will be!) The new entrance only came about because in the darkness of the cave I thought I saw a higher ledge so I started putting stairs down, when I did finally put a torch down I saw there was no ledge just a flat wall. I carried on though to see where the stairs would come out if I kept placing them, completely forgot I started near water so that was a surprise when I hit the lake above. As you can see I just went for it however. I'm not sure how I want the final entrance to look, but I want it to blend into the environment outside as much as possible.

A look from the inside, as you go down the stairs from the entrance you are greeted with this:




I've kept the natural waterfall there, just fenced it off so it doesn't flood the place and created a small pit for the water to fall into, already there but not deep enough. Though it's hard to see in picture#1, behind that created wall with glass facade, are stairs going up (To the rear entrance) and stairs down. The stairs down just lead to a ravine, but it's not extensive, more like a "Half-ravine". In picture #1 there's a wall veering of to my left where I'm stood at the bottom of the stairs, around here I've got a little balcony that looks over said ravine.



Going up those stairs behind the facade wall we continue round to the back entrance:




As the last picture was the mouth of the cave, I wanted a wall material that carried on from the outside Earth and grass, a natural material. When I saw the colour for clay I simply had to have it for the walls. As well as this the floors are jungle plank floors and in this texture pack it goes, really, really nicely with the walls. The last picture is a kind of cloakroom. With the minimal lighting as well It starts to change as the sun goes down looking warm and cosy at night:



Up the stairs we get the very beginning of the cave and the back entrance:



I'm not sure what's going to be through that wooden door, maybe a small mushroom farm or closet space? In all I've tried to blend the inside in with the outside as much as possible so it looks natural and doesn't stand out too much from the outside:


Loft:



Some updated pics of current work:










The lobby down from the entrance is now a wash of blues to go with the water theme, both where the entrance is down into the water, and the natural waterfall. Two types of blue wool used and lapis lazuli floor. The winowed bit on the stairs wall is actually ice. In the corridors we have a mix of sandstone walls contrasted with Soul Sand feature walls all the way through with End stone floors and birch steps.

(Runs onto bedroom area)


Since this picture I have actually raised the floor up two blocks as I didn't like that huge blanks bit of green wall down to the floor. 



I'm still not sure about this area yet and it may change completely and not even be the bedroom. Part of me thinks of having this whole area as a grand bedroom and knocking out that small enclosed space, or doing that but using it for a completely different room altogether - maybe living area?


Then farm areas:






Chickens:




Both the cow and chicken farms have sky-lights in the cave ceiling that go all the way to the surface and let in loads of light during the day.

Overall, I really like this cave idea. Over the last few days I've just been obsessing about it spending hours and hours doing stuff and not realising how much time has passed. I might do a survival one fore sure as I really like the idea. Still lots to do though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts