Friday 30 November 2012

World#2 Update: Taverns and Diamonds


I thought I better make one last post for November before we hit December - can't believe were at December already.

Not much has been done lately, especially not on the underwater glass tunnel since the last update. I did complete, well almost complete the tavern however, and I would say it's at about 90% done now, just some finishing touches. So here is the original tavern:



Also, this is what the rebuild looked like last time I blogged about it:

 

Since then I have done alot more work, and as mentioned it's about 90% done. For the longest time I really couldn't decide what style to do the walls in. part of me wanted to make it in ultra-modern with snow or white walls (You can just see them in the above picture), and part of me thought medievil; however, the thought of using cobblestone again repelled me. Instead I decided to go traditional and make it out of wood, but using as many of the different woods as possible. So we have - oak log timber frame, jungle plank walls, spruce wood floors and spruce wood stairs for the roof:

It now dwarfs over the swimming pool compared to the previous tavern!




I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out so far, especially the inside of the roof. there's still some work to do however like finishing the bar down stairs, the toilets behind the partition wall upstairs, and some more detailing. My favourite bit is the traditional (mimicking real-life) triangular roof trussels on the inside of the roof, again made of timbers.

The only other thing I've really done is reverted the potato/carrot farm back into a mushroom farm (With a dividing wall making two rooms, lighted for red, dark area for brown) and changed the back mushroom farm into the potato/carrot farm, so it follows on rather than precedes it. The original plan was to leave the potato/carrot farm where it was and make it automated, but there wasn't enough space. It didn't work out so I made these changes, at least I don't have to go splashing about after the crops no more however:


I also went branch mining yesterday, in hope to find some diamonds (Again!) and found a total of 16! Most of them where in the left branch, only a couple in the right one, but enough for a diamond - pick, axe and spade. (Already have a diamond sword, though it is almost at half-usage.) I still have nine in the chest. I could fulfill a fantasy and make a diamond block or, try and find more and get all diamond armor again - it's been far too long since I had that. Made a change to the cave to the right of the mob area as well (At the very base of the mountain near lava pools):



I'm guessing they de-spawn now though unless in a snow-biome?

Nice idea though, originally they were in a made snow-factory, behind the mountain, behind the wheat farm. They upped and disappeared one day though. Hmmm, maybe I should may this into another kind of mob area now though? Now that I have covered up the lava and gone to so much trouble..

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts