Tuesday 9 October 2012

StrongHolm II: The Second Coming

If you're not familiar with my previous attempt with StrongHolm, I've decided to give it another go.

Basically the idea was to renovate a stronghold into a home, unfortunately I leapt on the idea so quickly - I did it when the end portals were in the game but never actually worked at first. The one in the previous attempt would never ever work. The other day I did start to renovate again, which was my intention and started laying down a spruce wood floor, the first proper step to making it a home. Then I realized about the portal and decided it was just better to start a new world in snapshot 40a and try again.

So I created a world and changed the game temporarily to creative so I could find a stronghold and it lead me far across the lands and across the mountains.. In fact when I began to get close I had no long passed a NPC village which was just a few hills away from "the spot" and so would be very handy!

360 of the area:






I am using Misa's 64 x 64 Realistic texture pack. (Just ignore the unpatched textures)

 I sat down and changed the gamemode back to survival and used the shovel from the bonus chest and broke the first golden rule and dug straight down, hoping the ender pearls weren't wrong and I would just end up in lava. (And yes I did chuck the ender pearls away before going to survival. It goes legit here on in.) Thankfully I got rich - in coal at least, on the way down but it's always needed, and I hit a huge vein. Even found a bit of iron too and upgraded the pick for a faster descent. When I broke through however I didn't land on stairs to go down like last time however, but right onto the very end portal itself.



I also found a number of chests down there, I didn't really know they had secret chests down there, but then I haven't explored any new ones since the original stronghold. Some nice treasures though from Iron ingots to redstone, bread iron helmet and leggings(!) and eventually an iron chest plate, 1 enderpearl etc.







More pictures from my adventure around:





Not far away from those last few places I found a proper cave system, left and right from where I was. left was dark and mysterious but I found brown mushrooms growing, (I also know where red mushrooms are growing above ground but had a full inventory by then) and to the right was a cave  with a lava fall. After much wandering around I haven't found a natural way up (yet) so just dug a natural double-wide stair case shaft up on the other side of the End portal room. (Which led to the very full inventory!)





I did want to keep the rainbow silverfish spawner as it was kinda pretty (:p), but it got too annoying in the end with them. Lots of xp from them though. As you can see, by the time I actually explored the NPC village farm, I had a full inventory! I did encounter slimes as well in the stronghold. Still can't believe one of those chests had a diamond! Switched to default as I rooted around for space for carrots  and potatoes, but at least I will be able to grown my own when i find a suitable place.


To-do list:
*Make chest for stuff! (DONE)
*Make bed for setting spawn (DONE, but haven't slept yet.)
*Start making a home out of stronghold (Living area, kitchen, bedroom storage, nice above ground entrance)
*Make wheat/carrot and potato farms!
*Find more diamonds
*Make Portal/goto nether
*Collect Blaze rods from Blazes/enderpearls from Enderman/Make Enderpearls
*Continue to make home nice and as substantial as possible to be a strong enough to go to the End/defeat end boss/dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts