Sunday 7 October 2012

Reaching New Heights!



A little update on my World#2,I've taken on another adventurous project, (I keep on adding to my list) as I regenerate this world, improve buildings inside and out and rejuvenate the place. It's something I tested on my creative copy of the world and liked the idea of, but hadn't put into progress until today. That is, to very ambitiously raise the ceiling of the living room

The plan is to raise it to the very top skylight, up from the the one you see, and possibly redecorate after swapping the sand walls for something different: With a big deep breath I slowly begun the very messy process of removing the snow-block ceiling as it was, and the stone and dirt of the mountain, moving upwards. I did ad-lib something that wasn't in the original plan though. I removed the dirt wall behind the lava fall to see how safely I could get rid it and how much. After nearly causing a lava fall inside, (I just about managed to dig down in time and put a load of dirt blocks down to catch it before it hit the wooden floor and cause potential disaster!) I had the sudden idea of putting glass up there as well so you could see the lava fall all the way up there as well.





Putting glass up there was not in the spec when I tried it out on my creative copy, but I'm really please I did, I also still managed to incorporate the upside down stairs as coving into this new design. Whilst i was up there I realized it was a really nice view:


All that's left to do now is redecorate. Had to alter some building work near the top of the mountain to allow for this work but it's all worked out so far. here is the final look:






In the bedroom (boom chica wah wah!), I finally got rid of the make-shift kitchen that really wasn't working out for me:


Big ol' space now! As you can see instead of the stairs going straight down from where those other stairs are (going up) there's now a fenced of bit. This is because I added steps down from that direction so you have to go down a few steps first before going down the adjoining set.

Also finished off the hallways of the new stairs going up from the extension:






It's very plain right now and the Jack o' Lanterns will be replaced with Glowstone eventually. I had to make a decision though, as some of these clay walls, using up most of my clay from my recent scavage, were visible from the outside. So I had to decide whether I was going to make all the outside stone walls clay on the outside, and I had too.

I also finally, finally automated my wheat farm after experimenting on my creative copy of this world. It's a very basic, maybe the most basic design but it suits my needs, and is finally automated after 2 years! It does give me a little bit more wheat however.

OLD:


NEW:





Finally the tavern has not been forgotten about! It's getting larger in structure with the frame for the second floor!:


I also have a radical plan for the library and art gallery. for the longest time the art gallery (in a former cave) had needed updating from it's original cobblestone walls, but I simply can't decide on a look. The brick/colored wool idea would take forever with me doing more hunting for clay, so I had a great idea! Swap the two rooms over! The library is due to be renovated anyway, so if I swap them round and have a medium sized art gallery where the current library is and the library in where the art gallery now is it would make the new library into a more grand, bigger, "Great library!". I've already tested this out on my creative copy of the world, choosing a really old fashioned look for the library in wood, with 3 different wood types. (One for floor, 2 for the walls. Only snag is I'd have to bred cows like mad to slaughter them for the new book recipe. I'm very excited for this idea though.

The new Bucket list to do:

*New floor for viewing room (Room with water window, recently with new blue walls half-way up)
*Continue re-building the tavern. 
(In progress)
*Furnish extension off front room
*Finish new kitchen in dinning hall (In progress)
*Continue putting stone slabs alongside gravel paths 
(In progress)
*Finish off science lab
*New fountain outside front of mountain home
*NEW enchantment room in the former old science lab space? (Off the landing down to storage.)

LONG-TERM:
*Continue digging tunnel under the ocean for glass tunnel rail-cart relocation.
*Redecorate emergency exit route/minecart tunnel (Already sorta started)
*Renovate library/art gallery Maybe swap them - Library in art gallery and small art gallery where library is.
*Finish furnishings in apartment block
*Stone wall around Mount Doom
*New replacement for main cobble bridge??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts