Tuesday 2 October 2012

A New Base

It's something I've talked about doing for a long while, and at last I'm doing it!

Rather than blog about world#2 all the time, I have started a brand new world to make a base rather than a home. Normally when I start a new world and look for somewhere to build said base, I usually look for a large patch of surface stone to build on. This time however I have found a nice patch of land to build. Although not completely flat it is very open. Just for the foundations - as I've no idea what I want the shape to be like, I am creating the tranches in creative mode, just to get an idea of size and shape. When I'm happy with something final I will turn it back to survival, and yes I will clear it legit. (could take a while!)

So this is the area:


A better view at night:


As you can see it's going to be a huge area! At the moment I'm trying to add and take away areas so it's not completely rectangular. I want to try and work with the land if possible, looking for shapes naturally that I can use as shapes for the building to get away from the "rectangle" look. When I mentioned this last time I mentioned things I would have like maybe dorms with bunk-beds instead of a bedroom, no living quarters, a mess hall, who knows.. I'm thinking maybe building it out of stone-brick although that will take a lot of smelting and a lot of coal. There is surface lava however so with buckets I could just use lava.

I'll post more news on this when I've decided on more of a shape and "look".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts