Thursday 30 August 2012

WAR OF THE PIGMAN




A bit of a filler post today, but I've been meaning to post this anyway, a tale of you will of one planned journey to the nether, 3 attempts, including trying to record it for my YouTube series and one hell of a war with the zombie pigman! All for just trying to record an episode in the Nether!

There aren't many mobs that bother me, creepers are annoying - especially when they blow up parts of your buildings and creations, but they can easily be fought with a simple attack , step back, attack, step back x repeat motion. Zombie are dead slow (Even more so now with the latest snapshot) and skeletons you can be tactful around. Even Enderman you can just aim for it's tentacles, but the only one true thing that really bothers me are Ghasts! SO it's a great shame that when I first tried to record an episode for WLTM (welovetomine) that the sound didn't record properly, rendering my voice barely audible. It is a great shame because I lost a lot of genuine reaction to the ghasts. On attempt #2 recording, Bandicam, which I use to record the episodes with, went ding after the first 10 minutes as usual - only I didn't hear it.  So although I continued recording there was no commentary being recorded - oops. It was the third try however when all hell got unleashed.

It was going well, I was making sure the audio was recording fine, keeping an eye on Bandicam, it's what happened in game that went awry.. I'm not sure how it happened, only that I was backing off from ghasts when it happened but, I may have accidentally hit a zombie pigman..

As I'm sure you're aware, you hit one of them, even by accident, there's no going back - they're all after you! That's exactly what happened. I wasn't worried about losing my stuff at first as I went back time and again to recover it, but each time I went back they were getting more and more pissed. Hey, if they come at me - I'm gonna defend myself! You know what I'm saying! So they were getting more and more pissed, I kept getting killed, going back to keep trying to recover my stuff, trying to ignore the zombie pigman and just go for the items, but they made it impossible. I was getting more and more annoyed and hett up, but the last blow was when I died on this lower flat area of Nether. I had just got all my stuff back at last - and got killed. Not just killed but killed spectacularly! Right as I died - what was the last thing I saw?! My stuff going flying over this ledge... The lower flat bit of nether was still high up and i was near a nether cliff ledge, not right near the edge about several Minecraft blocks from the edge - enough for my stuff to go flying over. It's one of the most horrifying things you can see when you die - your stuff going over a cliff ledge, possible into lava .

After a big "NOOOOOoooooo", I hoped to God when I returned there was a lower ledge below of netherrack, or low bit of nether shore by the lava, but there wasn't, just a giant lava ocean. I lost all my stuff on me, all my diamond tools. So I have had to start again, I have literally two diamonds left. I still haven't manged to bring myself to edit the video. There were times I wanted to rage quit, times of just silent anger and no commentary, but most of all i just wanted revenge. Revenge to find/revover/ormake a new sword and just slay every last zombie pigman! Thus erupted a huge war. I never returned until the other day.

Incidentally, after finally going back to the nether, I have collected more soul sand for the new look dinning room, and have nearly completed the top half of the walls too!:




Nice fancy new entrance as well instead of just a door, really liked how that has worked out. I have also finished clearing out the space for the new kitchen and laid a floor:



I also have plans to change this area:


I plan to get rid of the the single stairs to the right, leading up to the door, where they've always felt out of place and will build a patio around it, meaning the left stairs might have to shift over. I've done this on my creative version of this world and it looks much, much better! Aesthetically nicer too.

I've also changed the bottom where the lava pools are, mostly this has stood empty, for a while I did build little "jail cells" down there for want of building something, anything. Now however after sealing up the old science lab tuned mob room, I have turned this huge area of cave and lava pools and jail cells into the new mob area:


*Note it's not normally lit up like this with torches.

originally it was glass with hit box holes, but creepers that pre-maturely exploded made it expensive. If I can get diamonds again, what I would like to do is turn it all into Obsidian so it's blast proof. Also whilst taking this picture just now, there were some mobs just before I lit it up, so I did a bit of grinding. Skeletons, creepers, zombies... After killing them all one dropped something purple, but It was so dark I had no idea what it was.. I got a skeleton to kill a creeper and got a new record! After three consecutive yellow records I got a purple record! Possible new favourite after green?!



On my adventures outside I also found a 2-year old spider dungeon near watch-tower#2 that I never knew was there! Two years I've had this world almost, and it's been there all this time unknown! There wasn't much being an old dungeon, some wheat, a bucket, saddles and redstone.


That about brings things up to date, more to come!





4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts