Friday 3 August 2012

Out of my PECAN/CHESNUT Mind!

With the release of 1.3 (Or rather 1.3.1), it's about time I updated my painterly texture pack for the world. I previous updated the wood and got rid of that pooey brown coloured wood for traditional oak (default) wood:

 

However, I never updated the doors so they were still the old colour, but now I have some nice pecan doors and took the opportunity to update a couple of things as well as update for 1.3.1 (Emeralds, book & quills and other new stuff). Here are the comparisons:

Glass is now border-less too.



New sandstone, the larger bricks make it look less "retro" and more modern and smarter.


One of the big problems I had was what the stairs looked like when made of cobblestone or stone-brick, cobblestone looked horrible, and stone-brick just the same. As you can't change the stairs them selves only the block the were made from, i couldn't change cobblestone as I wanted to keep that look, I just won't be able to use cobblestone stairs (stone stairs), but that's a good thing! With Stone-brick however, I have changed it radically to a lighter stone colour (Like in World#1), and it looks much much nicer. (I wish there was an option for marble steps or even iron steps!).

Finally I created a new patio area, out the back of the dining room, near the tennis court. I originally done this on the creative version, and it came about because of wanting to create a path around to corner of the tennis court. (Corner shown, left pic below), to create a new staircase up. Also because of the new dining room plans (Raising the ceiling up 2 blocks) it meant the path area (left pic below) would be one block higer because the dinning room is below it so once the ceiling was done I had to add another layer of dirt to cover the snow ceiling, making it 1 level higher and thus rendering the old stairway up (Very bottom right on the left pic below), un-usable.


The back entrance also to the dining room wasn't very good either, you'd go along a long one-block stone path, not safely either because the long stairs down were to it's right., where as now  we've new stairs (double) down to a nice patio area instead of a narrow one block corridor. It's hard to explain, and easier to see in pictures:

BEFORE & AFTER





Stairs now go down in the opposite direction, no dangerous walkway, allowing a nice set of double stairs descending..



A narrow entrance become a whole new patio area, eventually to be filled with tables, seating and plant pots. This while new change to this area will be easier to explain in a future video and episode of my welovetomine series.

I also had a new idea for the living room and the old mushroom farm. If you remember, when I moved the mushroom farm, I cleared out the room and it's remained pretty much empty since:


I've had an idea however...

Where the wall goes round to the very back wall in the distance, that area, is right behind the back wall of the living room behind the TV:


I've already tested this on the creative version, but what i'm going to do is knock down the back wall behind the TV so it's an open area creating  more open second reception room and new office! The old poky little office will be no more. It's be an office/reception room and will really open things up. I'll have to close access to it in the corridor, but that's fine. On the creative version I've raised the ceiling level of the living room too, but I don't know if I'll do it on this legit version, I'll have to see how this conversion goes.

So these are latest plans for re-generating World#2, I've still the new science lab to finish in the old cave behind storage, the dining room to re-decorate, finish patio, new reception area as mentioned, redecorate library and still lots more to do!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts