Tuesday 19 June 2012

I'll Never Quit World #2

I mentioned: Here that I made a copy of World#2 and turned it to creative mode and did a "What if" scenario. What if I did continue the world - what would I do with it? What would I do with unlimited resources? Whilst doing this it brought up some practical solutions like finding an area to put stairs to the bedroom rather than keep them outside the mountain home, changing cobblestone to brick, a new staircase route up to the observation deck, church redecoration and much more.


Up until now I haven't posted much about it as I've do it legit on my legit world, as work has been steady but gradual. I did want to share some of the different changes however. One of the changes that I hadn't done on the creative version was opening up the corridor between the front room and the rear of the home.  On that version I just refreshed the decoration in the corridor but on my legit save I have now removed the wall that blocked of the lobby to the library & art gallery and opened up the entire area, turning what was a winding corridor into a very open spaced hallway:


Before:




Creative version:






Current version:




It still needs some extra lighting and more pictures on the wall though, I might also instigate more log beans along the walls.


I also did not like the step sticking out in the hallway leading into the rear viewing room (With the water window) so have made it so there's no step and you can walk straight into the room. By doing this I have had to lower the floor down by one block. The floor was gutted and everything dropped down by one block level. Due to this, I also had to extend the water window down by one block and the glass tank. (Although I may remove that entirely.) In the creative version, I also turned the old mushroom farm into a medical room and build building on top of the mountain, creating a new access corridor.




I haven't decided to do that on my current legit version, I have retained the mushroom farm for now, but have instead refreshed the area with new sand walls and glass blocks to the rear of the mountain, not only giving a nice view to the rear, but allowing extra light in during the daytime and helping red mushrooms to grow. I wanted to remove all the cobblestone, much like the bedroom to create a nicer area. Although I haven't done the same for the brown mushroom section, it's planned.



Original:








The secret door to the brown mushroom farm is still there, but I may be moving this mushroom farm altogether, which would create a new  room potentially. On the creative version I have tried digging underneath the wheat farm outside and have found I can create another large farm directly underneath the wheat farm, if I split this in two I could have the mushroom farm outside. On top of the mountain I have created a small lookout building from the top of the mountain but rather that brick I have used traditional wood and logs with spruce planks inside. The biggest change however, is the surrounding area. The top of the mountain (over the rear lounge) was an all-cobble floor with a fort-esq design wall surround. With my growing hatred of the use of cobblestone, I have transformed the top to a more natural state with new fencing, bonemeal for long-grass and flowers and transformed the top to a more rural garden top area.






Ironically, apart from the new building and fencing this is how the top of the mountain was when I first found this mountain - natural grassy mountain top. Although where the new building is was also a flat top of grass build up.






Staying with the outside, I have also begun the process of replacing the cobblestone stairs outside with a much nicer brick stairs with half-slabs to the side. The last big change has also been at the church which needed a much needed make-over, all the cobblestone walls of the church have been changed to light birch planks with oak log foundations, much in the stylke of an old fashioned wooded paneled US church.  Inside, the stone floor surrounding the red carpet, have been changed to spruce planks also.


Old version:





Current version:





The oak seating backs will be changed to spruce logs, and plans to change the outside wall surrounding the church will also be implemented, at this time it may be a traditional brick wall, but we'll see. Also I moved the stairs down to the dock ,and actually added a platform down there! Before, it was just a bit of wood down there to stand on:


As you'll see though, instead of the stairs going straight down from that wall, you now have to go around the a path by that tree on the right (Left in-game) down to the new waiting area:



Lastly I changed something that has been bugging me since 2010! When I started this world in Alpha 1.2, the height difference was much much different back then, only just having recently changed. The trouble with this is, on top of the mountain near my home-inside-a-mountain were a load of stunted trees that couldn't grow fully because of the height limit:


Well recently, I completely cleared the op of those old Alpha trees and tried growing some pines trees up there:


So not only do I no longer have stunted trees up there, I also have a pine tree farm now. SOme of those old Alpha trees also gave me jungle saplings, so there are a few jungle trees up there. That's all types of wood now, every tree farm.


Epilogue:
The long and the short of it though, is that - whilst making all these changes I have realized I'll never stop playing on this world. I'll never give up on it again, I'll never quit world#2, because I can't. I started it in late 2010 and something about it just compels me to continue it, update it, improve things. I just can't let this world go.

So here's my to do list for #World 2:

  • Finish interior furnishing inside apartment block flats
  • Finish redecorating spare bedroom/rear lounge.
  • Redeco library & finish art gallery re-deco  (Even if the latter takes years!!
  • Finish decorating mushroom farm in brown shroom area/or move it to outside underneath the wheat farm. (requires digging out a new room.)
  • Change the wall to the church/the gold cross
  • Do more to mount doom
  • Redevelop old mushroom farm IF I move it.
  • Possibly redeco the lobby down to the storage room.
  • Finish all changes to steps outside.
  • Redevelop & Re-design tavern/pub in Kingdoms mod style.
  • Possibly expand area around snow factory with other buildings? (Any ideas?)
So as you can see, plenty to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts