Friday 27 April 2012

MOAR CREATIVE BOREDOM! (Weekend Data Dump!)

Sixteen days without a post! Everyday I've meant to post this but just haven't had the time so I'm sorry!


First I wanted to touch on some more stuff I've done when bored in creative, and a little update on that shopping mall ravine as, although there's not much news there, there were things from long ago that I never got round to posting and showing you. I've often heard about "Hollow mountains" and have often wanted to try one myself, so I thought why not in creative, as it was the best option. I spent 10 - 15 minutes flying around, looking for a decent mountain, preferably a stand alone mountain and eventually I found this one:



It's not a stunning mountain as you can see, in fact it looks pretty ordinary and unremarkable, which in a way is a good thing - especially if you want to disguise a base inside. As well as the waterfall coming out of the immediate front of the mountain - which you can see, there's another one set  up and a little further back if you look. I didn't find it until I was clearing space inside the mountain and it dropped on my head!

The first port of call was to decide where the front was going to be and clearing the inside of the mountain. Just finding a flat starting point and just tunneling across until I came out the other side of the mountain. It was fun seeing how far I could keep clearing before hitting the outside of the mountain and finding the "edges" of said mountain. it's took a couple of days and I'm now working on the ceiling upwards, but this is what I've got so far:





This second picture is from the double doors, and the third from the opposite side facing the doors, as you can see, it's a HUGE space! At work last night, I got ideas about making this level the "Hangar" and maybe using coloured wool for replica tanks/jeeps etc. Also maybe glass when I hit the top of the mountain, I.E. Skylight. Some of the ceiling at the moment is only 11 blocks high, but that's around the edges. Further in the middle it'll be higher as the mountain is tall, thus the more central you get on this floor the higher the ceiling. I will try and find the edges of the mountain - all the way up! usually in my legit worlds I always build walls 5 high then the ceiling, but I want to squeeze lots of levels inside this mountain so I might go 4 high then ceiling, three is too claustrophobic.

It's just a fun little thing I've wanted to do in creative.


Kingdom of Animus
Well, I've built the last two buildings and now have a level 2 Tier kingdom. Now I have slightly higher walls and more space for even more buildings! SO here are the last days of level #1 tier and on to level #2:








Picture-bomb much?



What i'm going to build first is a food shop I think, very much needed at the moment. I built a small wheat farm before the upgrade but after it was gone. One I get a food shop I won't have to worry about hunger, and I have plenty of money to buy food. Saying that i my build some farms anyway - outside the kingdom, try and find somewhere that won't be cleared for space in the next upgrade.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts