Wednesday 11 April 2012

Fire & Re-Birth

Since last time I returned to the kingdom with just over 1000 gold coins (Due in large part to the abandoned mine), but it was not enough to do one of the tasks requiring 1500 coins. So I returned to the mine, discovered a spider dungeon, and was joined by a fellow member of the guild who randomly spawned by me. That was... creepy. The good thing however was that he helped kill any mobs. So there I was with over 3000+ gold coins, and then I get a message that the guild is being attacked - and I am now lost again in he mine! Unable to do - anything!


After wandering around for ages, finding a ravine, and then losing my little guild friend to death, I too met my maker. Okay I got to return to the kingdom, but there was noway I'd find my way back and recover my items, let alone all those coins. I had nothing. I had nothing again and the kingdom by the time I re-spawned was very much on fire.



Naturally I ran upstairs to put out the fire - but it was to no avail, The fire was taking to fast and I didn't even have a bucket at first, let alone a sword to help fight of the bad guys. It was time to exit, there was nothing I could do - but evacuate and leave.


I did manage to make a bucket in the end/or buy one and put at the fires, but it was too little too late. The quest, was over.

Or maybe not?

I could still give wood and cobble stone so I did that for a while, not sure what help it could really do to a burned out kingdom, but, there it was, reborn.


Things were undone like my personal chest, but the kingdom was shiny and new, and yet I struggled for something to do next. After restoring a second time (Restoring the NPC's), I clicked on this guy with goggles who wanted to come with me to build my kingdom. So it was, this is what i would do next, build my own kingdom. I set out in a direct line from the existing kingdom and eventually found a place among the woods that was - not too bad. as i set out on my first night.


I found later adjacent outside buildings, small buildings with a sort of mine - thing with a railcart. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the Small Tier I clicked on to build, but there it was, complete with more NPC's. Surveying my surroundings i saw fire in the distance and when it turned day went towards it. At first i thought maybe it was the home of the ones who attacked my former kingdom, but it was not, soon i came across NPC's who have had their town ransacked as well. So tis was the lost villagers quest..


I have led them back to the old kingdom and returned to their ransacked home and overnight scavenged the place, putting out the fires and collecting the remaining wood and cobble. (It all helps right?) I have since lit my new kingdom up and put torches around some of the trees for a quicker wood turn-over. I also now have a small house. I'll leave you with this last picture, to take this I just had a little go on it and found two more ransacked village and help four more back, but lost the fifth one on the way. I also sent a miner to mine and after a fair bit of travelling to find a cave, I kept going "deeper" but even when the NPC said "Mining the stone!", he still wasn't.


After finding some Iron, I now need to make more tools and get another stack or two of cobblestone to build the next structure in my new kingdom..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts