Tuesday 3 April 2012

Full Migration To 1.2.4.

I'll just have to make do without the water shader, for now.


The final push for the full migration to 1.2.4 has however come because, whenever I tried to use the Soartex Fanver texture pack with 1.2.4. I was getting errors on the texture pack. (IE on the grass etc.) I found the latest version of MCpatcher, however, even after patching it, it still did it. I have found though, it was because of SinglePlayerComands. The workaround was, simply patching it first and then adding SPC after.

Back-tracking slightly however, before this, I decided to go clay hunting again and finally finish of the walls upstairs. There was a slight accident however. After I got back (With over 7 & 1/2 stacks of clay blobs no less!) there was a spider outside. I had just finished the wall with the bedroom door, finally getting rid of he patched section, when I decided to kill the spider. More than anything it was just annoying me! So I opened the door to go kill and there was someone else waiting... HHHHSSSSssssss!


I had to re-do that little section again, But it was done, as was the opposite wall as I also continue the enchantment room. After sorting out the texture pack and full  migration to 1.2.4 I have also begun changing the living room/lounge floor to birch planks for the ultra-high modern look. I also created a small jungle log cabinet for a new jukebox I made, seeing as I have 2 records now - cat & 13. I have also planted a few Birch trees near my home so I can have more of these planks more easily without having to travel miles, and, created more wooden stair roof overhangs on the upper level. I've been busy.







Oh yeah, as you can see I added some Redstone lamps upstairs in the bedroom as well and in the corridor that leads off it. Just changing the dirt ceiling now, whilst i wait for the sugar can/reed to grow to continue the Enchantment room.

I've also continued some of the walls on the outside, even though the rooms inside don't continue that far along, it just looks aesthetically better than the dirt.


Before:


After:


I think I need to start planting even more reed, otherwise this enchantment room is going to take forever to do! Also maybe thinking about installing a mod to change things up a little in this blog rather than just have me dribble on about what I'm doing. Maybe Mo creatures, I've also seen a twilight Forest mod and Kingdom's mod, the last one I believe is popular. I'll have to have a look around though, I'll let you know next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts