Tuesday 4 December 2018

The Lost WOR- I mean, Home


This world, was the very first world I created when I got the win10 version; having played Java all the time. It has been very neglected though and for good reason.

When I created this world, I didn't know you could-have the co-ordinates on the screen, over time I built this nice little home (Above) and established myself - and all was well. Until I went adventuring one day... I found a village far, far away but by the next time I played it again, months had gone by. Suffice to say I had forgotten the way I came and got very lost trying to find my way back. Every time I tried, I got even more lost; eventually settling in a make-shift home inside a cave, but it wasn't home..

The more I ventured from this home the I'd find myself going in circles and ending back up at this cave home. I never could find my way home, and I had all but given up, time between plays became practically non-existent - until now. Having died and lost my stuff, I did a roll back to the last time I backed-up. Whilst I ad this back-up copy open it occurred to me whether I could not just change to creative in game? So I found I could and thought - as this is a copy, why don't I just turn the co-ordinates on and fly round and try to find my old home?

It was getting late into the evening and I was getting tired and after 30 - 45 minutes I was beginning to doze off. Just at the last hour when I was about to go to bed, there it was - it popped into view! I can't even begin to tell you how happy it made me! I took a screenshot with the co-ordinates on then got rid of that copy. With a new back-up copy, I grabbed any essentials from he make-shift cave home and headed home!

It was quite a long, no - a very, very long walk but very worth it! As I got closer and closer towards the co-ordinates I could feel the excitement growing!, and there it was - my old homestead! as soon as it turned dark I reset my spawn point having put my things away and at last I am finally home!

Now I want to make improvements to it, In the Java version I've been doing textured roofs, with alternating slabs or full blocks of the same material among the stairs, so I want to try it here. Possibly an under-hang. I also want to set up an enchantment area, will will take a lot of farming of cows & breeding..

I can't wait to get started and start showing the changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts