Wednesday 28 August 2013

Triple Updates!

Sky-Bridges 2013

A little bit more to show you. Now admittedly I haven't done much to it lately over the last few weeks, but I have topped off the fort and begun the first sky-bridge!




Finally headed towards the next mountain! Long way to go yet but I can't wait to get to the other mounain and start building the first proper home! I shall endevour to do more on this in the weeks to come.


No current developments on AllBases world.


Some big changes on my original Alpha world since I last posted in July. As you may or may not remember, I was changing the corridor on level #3 from sandstone and sand walls/pillars to stained blow clay on the lower half of the walls, light blue wool for the upper walls and blue carpets all the way along. Although I haven't done anything very recently I had been working on it for a long time after I last posted and managed to get all the way to the end of the corridor.

Last time:


Currently:



There was some creeper damage, so I'm going to have to go out and find more clay again to make stained clay. Carpets are so much better than wool floors though, you get much more for your crafting. Speaking of carpets, I have also begin changing the patterned floor in the future dinning room on this same level.

As it was:


As you can see it was a mix of a sand border and red and (floor planks) squares with a stone slab inter-section. For now, I've kept the pattern but have changed the red wool to red carpet, floor planks to brown carpet, the sand to white carpet and the stone slabs to light grey carpets.


It's going well, I think the biggest change is the use of the white for the border. Of course the rest of the room needs modernizing, but that will happen in time. Literally just the other day, I have also been doing work on the area around my home at the very bottom of the mountain on level #7 around all the lava pools. I have added accent stone-brick trim to certain edges of the walls, begun adding the lava fall columns in the walls, (behind glass) and completely slabbed the rest of the entire floor. (Which I still want to do something a bit extra with, not sure what yet.)




As well as the lava columns, I have also found new ways to light it with Netherrack instead of the two block, lit columns. (Shown above.) After doing this for the corridor for my Nether-wart farm on my main world, I have implemented it here, having two lit Netherrack set back in the walls. it adds even more light as well as the lava columns and nullifies having torches all about the place. I have also introduced this in the lobby area to this level after you arrive down the stairs.



As well as making the window an extra height by one block at the top, I have also added cobble staircases around the ceiling and have slabbed all of the floor with stone slabs. Still needs something a little extra, but by slabbing the floor it's also allowed me a bit of head space around the lava pools below this floor as the head height was very low when walking around the lava pool walkways..


Have also begun the walls inside the home on this level:



I'll have to cover the back wall in the last picture as it'll show on the other side (Outside) if I change the wall itself.


(Yes we have a banner at last!)

Bit of news on this one, surprisingly. I've been doing some work on the back of the house, last time I posted about it was in May - but that was the front of the house and the living room. The last time I posted about the back of the house was in April, where the majority of it was still the dirt frame and an unfinished roof round the back:


Since then, the roof was finished, normal (Un-colored) stained clay was added to the largest section, the smallest section of dirt had changed and the middle section had become glass with (at the time) a black border:


Recently, the black wool border has changed to black stained clay (Although it looks brown because of the muted nature of colored stained clay blocks), and I have finally decided on what colour the stained clay for the main part of the back of the house should be. I was very unsure what it could be but decided on white, (Bonemeal) which because of the muted colors for stained clay, comes out as a fleshy kind of color.


Still a long way to go and lots more clay to get. The dirt roof on the small building is only temporary, so a roof of some sort needs to be added there too.

Inside:


I know, still need to change the grass floor, but it's coming along, started to add the ceiling as well now so work can eventually begin on the upstairs. I've also got rid of the trap-door and ladder to storage and have added some nice stairs in the hallway, next to the spiral staircase


I may have to make the floor in storage i floor deeper however, as shown to the right of the picture.


Finally, I might change the resource pack for the old Ravine Home project to HerrSommer Dye as I've been using this a lot lately and it's grown on me. Not only that but I started renovating a ravine in creative again, (Wasn't sure if it was going to be upper = apartments, lower = shopping mall like the last creative venture or a home) but it's turning out rather well. The ravine is better than my survival one too as it bends where as my survival one is quite a straight ravine. Either way using this resource pack might inspire me for my legit survival ravine home.

Creative ravine home:

Pre-build





After a few hours:





Whilst adding steps up to the surface there was this off-shoot cave, so I altered the steps to create a landing and walk-way towards it.  All I've done is wall over the cave mouth using Nether-Quartz, it's when you go inside it starts to get interesting.

Shower room, also plenty of space for a toilet and sinks.

But wait, what's upstairs? An upstairs in a bathroom?..


Why it's your own private area to have a bath!

Bathe, dry and change in privacy!

This texture pack makes me a lot more hopeful for my old survival ravine home. Hopefully it's enough to get me back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts