Friday 2 August 2013

BIG changes on level #3!

On the 28th July I finished the wooden floor in my base home on level #7, and after fixing some glass and finally managing to get a potato of a zombie, started a mass potato farm using a stack of bonemeal as previously mentioned. I still needed jungle wood and coca beans to start a farm so I went traveling in this world for the first time in years. I had explored a good deal, so I went in the direction I'd least traveled in, in the vein hope of finding a jungle. Instead I found a Desert (And then a jungle at the back of a desert) and a desert temple! I made my way carefully down, the loot was some Iron, Gold, rotten flesh and a good few diamonds! I ended up spending the night here and waited for morning before heading out to the jungle.

I returned with my jungle logs, coca beans and jungle saplings, and made my coca bean farm, but I would venture out to that chunk again. The second time I went looking for a ravine, in the hope of finding either an abandoned mine or dungeon to get some melon seeds and start a melon farm. Sure enough I found one, and after making a bucket to make a water shoot down I went exploring. The actual ravine itself wasn't anything special, no abandoned mine, but it was the caves off it that were where the adventure began. One of them did eventually lead to an abandoned mine. I had a job finding any chest however, I think I only found a couple, lots of iron on the way, gold, lapis and finally two different dungeons. One zombie one first, the other a skeleton one. It was within these that I found some melon seeds at last - and a couple of saddles. (Even though I still don't have a carrot to tame pigs) Also got some diamonds.

When I made the screenshots for the last blog post it occurred to me of rooms I didn't have - bathroom, living room etc. So I began planning. First and foremost as mentioned, I renovated my base home at the very bottom of the cavern on level #7, removing a wall by the lava pools (That just had three furnaces embedded in it and replaced it with glass.) So now I have a nice over-view window of lava. I also dug out an area opposite the intial space - family dinning area? The new wood floor is the original size of the room:


The back wall where the chest is - is as far as I could go before breaking into the lobby area. The door you can narrowly see on the right, which wasn't there before; leads into a small room. It goes back as far as it can before running into a strip mine corridor.

The biggest change is happening on level #3 - the corridor to the future dining room, right now a nicely decorated empty room. As mentioned, one of the rooms I realized I didn't have was a living room, so at first I tried to squeeze it in f the stairs down up to the first corner. (Now I think about it I'm not sure why I didn't think of the wall opposite given there's a cave behind that wall! - Dammit!) With the redstone for the redstone lamps in the ceiling however, there was no way I could squeeze it in. Instead, I chose a door at the end of the next corridor which hid a cave for mining. After clearing the cave and straightening the walls, as well as dropping the floor 2 blocks to be level with the corridor I have a big empty room ready to convert to a living room:


That's not even the biggest change however. The corridor lo0oked like this:



After taking those screenshots however, I questioned whether I actually need those steps up that only go a very short way along, then back down again before the end wall with door. (Future living room.) I decided not and took to the great task of removing them..


Following this I decided to redecorate the entire corridor in a major way! Both in terms of look and color!



It's slow work but I used the recent Lapis I found to make blue carpet, I wanted to make the top walls stained clay as well like the bottom, but I doubt I'd ever find enough clay to do the entire length of the corridor! I think the waterfalls between the pillars are taken out in these pictures, however, I did get the water shader working again with the 1.6.2 new launcher so they wil be clear anyway for the most part. Lots of work to do though and more clay hinting but I'm going for a water colored theme, marking a very grand change for this old corridor!

I also did some tidying up with the interior outer farms, just changing the cobble in the stone walls (Always been temporary filler for holes), back to stone, Especially over the brown mushroom door farm so it looks neater, end extended the brickwork around the glass entrance to two blocks on the sides and the other wall as you come down the stairs from level #2; the kitchen.

Also if you remember I mentioned a small room off the stairs from level #6 down to #7, just round the corner and up to this small enclosed cave room with a water feature:

Circa 2001:










Well I can now report that the water feature is no more and it's actually a portal room! I must've done this last time I played on the world before recently picking it up. There was already a portal, and a chest with lots of Netherrack and Nether Quartz, so I am continuing to change the stone walls to Netherrack and I have improved the entrance up to that room as well!:



Isn't the marble texture pretty in Misa's Realistic texture pack?! The upper walls in picture #1 that are dirt, stone and cobble will be Nether rack too.

Minor changes to Lava Way (Level: #6.)

Before:

After:

That wall by the stairs added and the entire alcove sealed in, floor changed, border of the lava enclosure changed to Obsidian

More news to come on this world as it develops!

Next up:  The mother of all come-backs, the return of a world started in September 2011, (1.8 rolling out), and; one I haven't properly done anything to since March 2012!

As I say so often, "No world of mine truly stays dead!".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts