Tuesday 6 August 2013

allyourbasesbelongtome.. now.

I picked up another world recently as I had changed the texture pack into a resource pack, and er... anyone remember this world?...







So like I said I got the John' Smith's Legacy Texture pack which I think is a fan continuation of the pack, and had a look around. First things first the front had to change.. I wanted to get rid of the sand and make it more medieval looking by replacing it with cobblestone. (In one room upstairs I've also added timber beams to the ceiling.) More than that though there was far too much log!

So here are some similar angle changes:




As well as changing the sand to cobblestone I added some window sills (Upside down stairs) and window shutters (Hatches/trap-doors). I also had to drop the log border down one because of the cobblestone now underneath the windows upstairs, but even that was needed. Other things you may notice is that I went and got two of the other saplings - pine and birch and planted them in the garden so I have one each of those. Also the fencing around the water drop in picture #2 is actually on the ground not floating in front of it. It narrows the access round there but it's not a major deal.

After getting a potato of a zombie, one strip of the wheat farm has been turned into a potato strip. Just need a carrot now! Melon seeds as well - but that will require adventuring; a future thing to do. The rooms inside as they are:



The kitchen and living area both need modernizing. although I kinda like the plain kitchen floor - sandstone I believe. I don't like the wool in this texture pack however, so before I add timbers beams to the ceiling, I shall change it to my traditional use of snow blocks. Upstairs the bedroom has new ceiling beams which will be a theme throughout, however the spare room is exactly as it was:




Lots to do! I will need maybe a chicken farm, don't really need a pic or cow one, and not a sheep one as I won't be using wool that much. (Though I need to see what carpets look like in this texture pack.) A bathroom upstairs is needed, the back of the housing in the first picture as viewed from the shore needs renovating, as does the lower front of the house. Whilst writing this blog entry I made a proper infinite water source in the garden and through the side door in the wall, I stopped the water coming through and changed it to a dry area. Then got the idea of using the enclosed space as another area for a food farm?

This is a perspective view of where it is:


 The work in progress:


I shall keep you updated about the further progress of this old world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts