Sunday 5 February 2012

Hating On Cobble & Stone

I thought I'd just do a general updates on my world, Not a great deal has been going on but I have found myself mooching around world#2 doing improvements - It's just hard to let go of that world.
















So for my copy of World #2, I have completely embraced refurnishing the Art Gallery, so much so that whilst looking around I've just begun to hate all the cobble and stone. So far I've been adding Glowstone lighting, brick walls and half coloured walls, as well as a new staircase down into the gallery. (I hated the stairs coming straight down the middle, that's the kind of 2010 thing I used to do, which is when it was created.) I decided though that instead of full coloured walls, I would do half coloured walls like this picture I posted before:



So, before where we had this:


Turning into this:


Even the cobble steps have to go. To separate then from the wooden floor I've used coloured wool so you can clearly see where they begin, otherwise the stairs would bleed into the floor being the same material.

From the other angle, instead of cobbles stairs coming down the center, there's now a nice wooden staircase hugging the wall down:



It's gonna be a big project, but it needs to be done. It needs to be turned from ugly to something smart and modern. I also made a small change to the front room, see if you can spot it!:


Okay the lever is a bit of a give-way, but I made a secret entrance to the portal room, jails and lava pools. Took a greet deal of working out, trying to do it from right to left at first, that didn't work out. So then I had to redo it from left to right which meant re-configuring the outside slightly to hide the Redstone but eventually came up with a solution.



You'll notice the built up dirt wall behind the Birch tree - to hide the Redstone, it's made the corner of the mountain a little bulkier, but it's not too noticeable. A single brick column has been added in front of the Redstone there, and yeas I finally replaced the cobble stairs of that bay window and replaced the roof with stone=brick like the other hang-over, and matched it in height.


Work on the roof is going slowly, I haven't really added much to it except for a second row this morning. In other news , although it's been temporary patched up, a ninja creeper keeps dropping in on the cow farm, I don't get where they're coming from, could be a lighting issue. Either way I had enough pigs to repopulate but they took out all but 1 of the cows, so now I have to go find it a mate - again.



I've also had to pen-off around the entry hatch to the chicken coop as when one escaped, too many others got out whilst trying to lure the escapee in. Therefore I've got a little entry section that's been made using fences to ease the traffic. I've also stopped spamming the chickens with eggs now, just collecting the eggs as I have MORE than enough!


Also started carpeting the front room!:






Have also started along the next corridor...



Needs more light I know. Must eradicate Cobble and stone!





Apart from the updating of these banners nothing more has happened as yet on these worlds.

1 comment:

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts