Friday 13 June 2014

World#1 Got Punk'd!

Steampunked that is.

Great, now I have to change the banner again!
In 2010 I had an idea to build sky-bridges from mountain top to mountain top, with a home on each. After 3 mountains and a very, very extremely long 2nd sky-bridge, I left the world. In 2011, I began a new idea. I left the original buildings on the surface as they were, testaments to my n00b builds, as my building style was already beginning to change by Beta. Instead, I decided to transform the huge crater between mountains 1 & 2, (Keeping in mind Alpha terrain!) and turn it - into an underground home. By 2012 the project went cold and it was more off than on, but then finally picked up in 2013. With a good few texture/resource pack changes,
this is my first Alpha world.

So this wasn't going to be this weeks entry, I was going to post again about the Amplified Extreme survival mountain challenge (home) but a sudden change happened with World1. As happy as I was with the Chroma Hills resource pack, it just didn't have that "RPG" fell that I wanted, also that corridor on level #3 I redecorated was bothering me as it was very garish. Sure I could rethink the decor, but that would mean having wasted a lot of clay - turning into hardened clay and then dying it. As it's an old Alpha world, I really didn't want to do that so started looking for alternatives.

I first looked back to some realistic texture packs I had, but it couldn't quite cut it, I even considered going back to the original painterly resource pack, as at least then I could choose exactly how I wanted it. I nearly did too. Then I watched a video review and I was already familiar with Glimmar's Steampunk resource pack (Formerly texture pack), but always resisted it - and I'm not sure why. Suffice to say there were things I liked, so I downloaded it as with some others, and tried it on World1.. Then fell in love!

So here it is, an excessively brand new gallery for my World#1 underground home! All work is Work-In-Progress as per usual.

Level #1:






Meanwhile the emergency exit has a more natural look - and is now home to more farms!





Level #2: Kitchen.




*Will have to change that jungle log now in the kitchen, doesn't look right..


Level #3: Waterfall corridor, future living room, formal dinning hall.

I love that the dyed hardened clay is colored bricks! Awesome!
 

Future living room:




*Might have a plan for that jungle log! It'd make a great "Wallpaper" for the living room?!
 
Back to corridor and continuing to dinning hall.


Dining Hall.

That back wall behind the pillar, have nearly blocked up behind it where there used to be an over-hanging room up there.




The long gap in the carpet (In front of the pillar) will be for the dinning table.


Level 4: Farms.

Wrong resource pack above.
Wrong resource pack above.


Wrong resource pack above.
Wrong resource pack above.
Wrong resource pack above.


Level 5: Bedroom.

Wrong resource pack above.



Check out the wardrobe! See what I mean how the jungle log might make good wallpaper for the living room!

Future bathroom behind that door.



Level 6: Lava Way. (Access corridor only.)

*My Netherrack has turned to iron! Surprisingly like the cobblestone though..


Level #7: Main underground home.


Looking back towards the stairs:


Short-cut underneath this area:





Back to the longer way above the lava pools:


Home, sweet home.

Well, I tried...

Inside:

I shall add trip-wire hooks too the birch panels to make it a coat rack. As you can see, working on the floor..
 
Future private living room with dug out area for en-suite kitchen - coming: eventually!

Future storage:



Other areas. (Left to the stairs down of level #7): 

 
My beautiful Marble (Nether Quartz) has turned green! Not sure what I'll do to this now. It looked so nice as well..



As always, a lot of work still to do. Any thoughts and ideas appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts