Wednesday 4 June 2014

Ravine Push!

[Really need to make a banner!]
 
Big Update on the Ravine home!

So there's not much more done on the top ravine floor, or the abandoned mine storage area - but it has taken a twist in an another unexpected way. I was on the top ravine and was looking up towards the glassed over ravine top pondering the darker areas on the little ledges above.. Initially I was thinking about lighting, then I started wondering perhaps I could put something up there, but what? At first I was thinking very two-dimensionally about rooms and then it occurred to me! I could put my farms up there!

I got this idea about putting dirt trenches up there like log beams in a medieval house, each ledge was three blocks deep all around which means the actual bottom of the trench could go in the middle with trenches either side on the block above for the actual planting. The bottom trench being full of water of course. I could also glass over between the trenches so the light still came through (As the very top of the ravine as mentioned is also glassed over), with a space of about three blocks between each trench.

I dug myself up the side of a ravine wall and begun work! Creating a little work are on a flat ledge just back from the ravine ledge itself.


First Melon!

Eventually I continued the trenches on all the way back to the hidden piston doors:


Starting to bloom!:


The next morning I ended up making a proper way up to the farms from that ravine wall I dug in too. Just cobble for now, temporarily. At the other end of the ravine (After returning from traveling), I went up to the far end of the farms overlooking the entrance wall (Hiding redstone) and covered over the gap below to hide that exposed redstone. At the far end corner I made it two deep so I could add a little pond surrounded by sand. There I planted reed, red & brown mushrooms and a cactus.






It's very exciting! The rest of the farms will be for wheat, potatoes and carrots when I get the latter two. I will also eventually have a coca bean farm up there but that will be in phase two. Phase two is the lower ravine, I am covering over the top of there with dirt also. The immediate area, right by the start of the farms; will be the coca bean area. The rest of it will be for tree farms! Not Oak, Savanna or birch trees however, there's plenty of them on the immediate surface. These farms will be exclusively for spruce trees, Dark Oak and jungle trees. It'll be fun seeing if I can get massive jungle trees to grow in there! here is the work so far.

IN PROGRESS:






CURRENTLY:


A lot of work to do!

After I post this I think I may begin straightening the walls of the lower room and start trying to imagine room layouts down there!

Will keep you updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts