Sunday 16 March 2014

Time to move on up!

Podzol home 2014
So things have moved on quite a bit with my home in the Mega Taiga biome. The last time I posted it still had dirt walls and stone-brick interior corner walls and looked a little something like this:


At the moment the floor is currently the same but I have made a corridor from the entrance (Far right door above), making the back room much bigger. This room, once the bed and all the sheep are removed will be the main living room. So since then I have gone for a traditional look with the walls with snow walls - employing the help of a snow golem, and log borders  and timbers in the walls.


The first snow golem de-spawned (or melted?!) as the roof was still being done and the rain was getting in.  It was then a race to finish the ceiling so I bred more and more sheep in my future living room to get the job done and enclose the lower floor from the weather. I think I need to add some paintings on the wall, maybe some plant pots here and there. (I have some clay.) Have given the floor a bit of a border as well.

The only problem with the interior log borders is it that it shows above the exterior polished Andesite borders. So I've had to add an extra exterior wall around some walls to hide this. I have a feeling I might have to do this with the outside of the kitchen walls as well when I change them to something else - and it won't be snow.

Here is the new size living room:


The kitchen is looking a bit more kitchen like as well:


I need to get more Glowstone to eradicate torches, and as soon as the ceiling in the living room is done I can begin building upstairs so I can eventually move the bed out of the living room where it temporarily is.

So lots of work to do but things are certainly moving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts