Friday 26 July 2013

THE COMEBACK

I know, I know, it's been a while but I am really going to try and get this blog back on track.

I have been busy, busy, busy in the world of Minecraft, taking the decision to change the texture pack of my original world (World#1, underground home) after a life time of Painterly. Substantial changes to my main world - world#2, continuing my world#3 home total re-built into a modern style, and the big upgrade to 1.6.2.


 

Admittedly , I haven't done much more in the way of my underground minecart system that goes under the ocean (And main bridge) to the church and beyond), however; I have made a BIG PUSH into rejuvenating the apartment block near my home. I built the apartments in September 2011 and after I finished in late October Building it was fine but looking back, very vanilla and plain.


I think the mysterious destruction of the apartments roof pushed me into doing the big renovations. The plan is for new side cladding on the edge of the outside of the building, changing all sand levels to sandstone, a brand new roof to replace the old one, window shutters (trap-doors/hatches), window sills and balconies on the far side facing the ocean/Nether bridge. I am thinking about an extension as well for proper stairs up and down, as well as to stop it being so blocky and rectangular shaped. At first I used stone-brick as the accent block, it looked nice against the snow/sand but the repeating pattern I felt was a little too harsh. So after doing one side, I took it all down again and decided to use spruce logs. It is even more of a contrast but will result in it looking highly decorative. I'm also experimenting with continuing the accent blocks round the front, back and sides as well.




The entrance has also recieved a brand new roof canopy and the sandstone pillars have been turned into marble ones from Nether Quartz.

During the middle of this I decided to just upgrade to 1.6.2, I can live without the water shader as I have done before. Thanks to a YouTube video though I did manage to eventually get the mini-map back and working with the new Dev launcher. I then went off to a new chunk to go and find horses and had quite the adventure!

It took 5000+ Minecraft miles, and despite going around some large oceans wherever I could I did have to cross some. Eventually I found a medium sized isolated island with half a dozen horses and a dozen donkeys! I named it Donkey Island. Here's where the problems began. I brought iron ingots with me for the apple and a saddle I had stored for years, but when I got to the island there wasn't a single tree on the island! I went over to a neighboring island and set up a temporary base inside a hole in a mountain and went back to Donkey Island. On another island I went and chopped down the few tree over there (It was pretty barren there too, and I never got an apple!) and went back to my base area and started planting the sapling trees everywhere. By this time it was getting dark again. Over a period of time kept chopping down trees and replanting trying to get an apple eventually managing to do so and turning a barren area in front of my base full of trees! Finally I managed to tame a horse, but getting it back was a whole new adventure!

I knew they couldn't cross really deep water, but I tried my very best to ride the first horse home, until it turned to night. During my attempt to navigate a horse through a forest, I got stuck and ambushed by skeletons! I left my horse immediately and incase it got hurt and tried to lead them away from the horse to fight them.. When all was said and done, and they were dead, so was my horse. I realized after taming a 2nd horse the only way to get home was through a portal, so after securing a second ride, I sealed myself, and said horse in the cave home in the side of the mountain and went mining. I dug a staircase down into the stone and went back up 5 blocks after hitting bedrock, beginning to strip mine when I eventually hit a corner and lava. I tried the easy way of portal making with making a lava bucket and water bucket back up the top where horsey was (Securing him first from dangers of lava in dirt walls) and began making a portal. However the constant up/down of getting lava got tiresome, so I ended up just mining the Obsidian anyway. After lighting it and freeing my horse I soon found I couldn't ride through and so had to push him through as we both entered the nether. The plan, to build another portal (Having mined extra) in the Nether and hoping it would come out somewhere near my home...

After the portal spawned on a bed of soul/slow sand, my horsey and I traved a little way in the Nether up a couple of embankments and I built the next portal... Just as I was about to light the thing up a Ghast attacked, so I went off and dispatched said mob with my trusty bow and arrow. I don't know what happened to the horse, either the Ghast got him or he fell in the nearby spewing lava fall a little way away. Strike two! I lit the portal disymayed and went exploring, collecting Nether quartz and eventually finding a Nether Fortress. (Which was nearer to me than I realized after I headed off in another direction). There I came across some blaze spawners, a wither skeleton (Dropped nothing) and a few chests, which started with rubbish loot but eventually finding ones with another saddle and 2 iron horse armor! I returned to base and waited for daytime, and eventually tamed another horse.. After going through to the Nether and then pushing my horse through the 2nd portal, we came out a bit nearer home (3000+ miles as apposed to 5000+) but still a long way away, and on top of a Jungle tree!

I had to carefully navigate my horse and myself down and made the long ride home! What an adventure! I made a leash (Have made many more since as spares) and tied him of to a lamppost of fences and Glowstone and begun making stables using the stone-brick from the apartments. I went back to continuing the work on them for a while and only just finished the basic stables yesterday!:


I still have to add the cauldrons of water and more hay bales in each, as well as change the floor to stone, but they're almost done! Will have to go get another soon so I can mate them. Yes, there is the start of a new roof on the apartments already! I began yesterday! Work is really progressing fast! I will also make an inner wall to cover the front decorations (Logs). I'll loose a width length at the front of the living rooms and will have to change the window panes back to glass blocks (Double glazing!) but it will be worth it. These will be made out of colored stained clay and allow for much more optimization and customization inside.


That fountain out the front was also finished a long time ago:


During the apartments renovation, I also took some of the lights out of the rooms inside to try and get a zombie villager to spawn inside as when I went mining I found a good deal of emerald to add to my collection. I learned how to create a splash potion of weakness and hope to trap one to change it to a villager so I can trade with it. (As there's no hope of finding a village in this old Alpha world!) No luck yet. I trapped one in my underground mushroom farm but when I went back to heal him, 9"After some of my own - away time healing) he was gone! There's no natural light in there either, just glowstone, to bright for zombies and they melt?! When I get my next horse, I hope to go exploring in the new chunk. Need to find a ravine and abandoned mine as melons are the only farm I don't have and the only place I will find seeds is in an abandoned mine..

Next I will talk more about the 1.6.2 changes and World#1 and the proposed changed to the underground home and general direction of that world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts