Monday 29 July 2013

1.6 Thoughts

 1.6.2
So in my last post I mentioned that I upgraded to 1,6,2, so I will give my bief thoughts on very aspects.

First off, I love horses being in Minecraft. I do think they could do with a little work but some of the crying that they don't fit Minecraft, break the game-play and much more are ridiculous. Yes they do make riding pigs less of an option now, but the way I look at it is: pigs = to go short distances, horses for long distance. As usual it's all about balance in Minecraft, which neatly brings me on to my next point, Mobs..

There is a very love and hate divide amongst the buff to mobs, I am of course referring to Skeletons and zombie. I love the new zombie hordes, as it makes it more of a challenge. I haven't tried it on hard mode yet where they spawn other zombies, but perhaps I should try a new world for that?! I do take the point that they could balance it over the levels, like from "Normal" upwards and not totally unsympathetic. For a few years zombies have been the weakest mob, like skeletons they got a slight buffer to AI and became clever with corners but it wasn't until 1.6 that the biggest overhaul came, and boy was it needed. Skeletons are not OP IMO, yes knock-back is annoying but if you knew how to fight they are still not a problem if you fall back and use cover, corners and let them come to you and do the work for you. Learn how to evade, if your in a cave going down a water shoot out the side of a wall; use blocks to either stop in or build a two-block wall in front of you to stop yourself and the skeleton. all these things can be avoided to some degree with common sense.

BOAT CONTROLS
They are really not bad once you get use to them. Yes even I prefer the old ways with the WASD keys, but I have actually tried and tried again with the new controls, not just tried it once, cried then go off to the Minecraft forums to make a whiney topic. Here are a few tips to help you. Slowing down - Stop holding the forward button and gently float to the shore hitting shift to jump out before you get near shore, or as you approach the shore, do the former and just lightly tap forward to get to the shore. Turning - using your mouse (If on the PC) really isn't that difficult to turn y'know. you just have to be warery to do it early enough as you won't get the instant turn effect you would with A or D keys. The more people practice the easier it'll get/you'll get used to it.

Due to this post being a lot longer I thought, the world #1 Underground Home new, will be posted next time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts