Tuesday 27 March 2012

Things I've Been Up Too.



I haven't been doing too much to this world, I have done some minor work on level #4 - the farm level, and adding a little to the bedroom on level #5 though. With the farm I still can't work out what wall material to use, so in the meantime I've just leveled of the ceiling and cleared any overhangs, which looks much better. Also made the entrance a little nice.


The before's and after:








And the bedroom is a little bit more homely now:




And finished that corner outside:


Might slab the floor though, or definitely choose something different for the floor outside.






Devolving A World
Long before creative came back, I had an idea about devolving a world - my then main world, world 2 as it was back in Alpha 1.2 when I started it. Due to limited means though, I got bored of it quickly and stopped doing it and deleted the save. As we have creative now, I thought it'd be fun to try again.


This world has been deleted twice accidentally, the first time due to a power cut, so with that and the different terrain generation of the last few years I'll never get the original basic world look from it's seed, ever. What would it be like to devolve a world you've built up over a long time? back to it's original state - no buildings, no farms, no landscaping.. With creative, I made a copy of the world and changed that to creative mode, using archive pictures I took way back when as references. The only big obstacle is the pool/tennis court and changing rooms as there was a mountain there. (See: here)


It's just as a fun project, something to pass the time.


Here's the world as it as, and the devolved pics after them. (All work in progress.)


















The removal of the lava stream is temporary, it will be returned..



The strangest thing for me, is the lack of bridge, the first cobble bridge, leading across the water to the church. Seems so strange to me that it's not there! originally there was no church, it was just lump land over there that I built on for the sake of building on. At first an empty cobble hut, prompting the bridge build, which lay empty for several months before being converted into a church.

Pictures from this blog will certainly help me try and get as close as I can to how it was before I ever started building, although some of it may be open to interpretation as I don't have pictures for those times. (Like when I very, very first started World #2, I never took pictures at first.


Next: The Hunt For Lapis Lazuli in my 1.9.5 world, ravines, lava death and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts