Saturday 10 March 2012

Level #3 Lamps & Hidden Treasure.

Really need to update this banner again!

So I've been busy with level #3, the waterfall corridor, but I also made a small change on the outside world. As you know this is my very first world way back when from Alpha. My original spawn point is here:




From this wooden hut I have a very long dirt tunnel to the back entrance of level #1 via the emergency exit corridor.




As it was, you had to go out these double doors, up the cobble steps to go round and down some dirt blocks to the dirt tunnel. (Seen here where that dirt roof is just slightly off top left of the 2nd picture.) I never wanted to change anything on the outside world as a monument to my 'then' n00b buildings and building style. I realised however, I could just remove the cobble steps and the dirt wall covering the entrance to the tunnel so you could just walk down. As apposed to going up, around then down again.

Anyway after fixing this, I fixed the tunnel slightly as there was a low bearing roof. With the alteration I had just done, I removed the floor level down one block so it was even, and did this further on also for the last stretch of the dirt tunnel towards the beach. On the last bit I removed a bit of side wall and found a cave underneath, so quickly put a door in and explored:

Before I leveled the rest of the dirt corridor floor to the end so it was even.



I wondered why I was getting so many skeletons and zombies! It's actually a zombie spawner. Now either that has been there the entire year without me knowing or it generated in a later version.. The treasure I speak of in the title though, was however, not very good:


I ninja'd the mossy cobble though, apparently here I chose a cracked brick as the look. Hope to use that if I can. The rest of the cave wasn't extensive, in fact it was very, very short and just gave me dead ends. It was an unexpected find though!

Right, onto the corridor and I had this idea to change some of the hanging Glowstone lights to Redstone lamps, after doing this though, and adding switches to their sides, I had a better idea. Forget the "hanging" aspect, and attach them directly to the ceiling so I can use Redstone to have proper lights to turn on and off. Both the ones that hang from the ceiling and ones embedded.




The switch to the left you can just see on the wall controls the bottom two floor lights.



I went a bit Redstone lamp mad.. When off, the corridor is just dimly lit by the Glowstone at the bottom of the waterfalls, but I'm not sure if I should keep them there? As well as this, I also tidied up the entrance to the "nice room":





I also removed the torches in said "Nice room" in favour of Glowstone:





May need additional lighting in the ceiling however. I was please how better the entrance to this room looks though. No more drab stone, nice and bright walls, no gravel borders to stop you falling off the stairs/accent it. Instead a slightly moderated entrance, a nice new asphalt (Black gravel) floor, additional lighting and Iron safety railings. Still need to replace the dirt in the "Nice room" with brown wool (Hard to get) or another colour.

Elsewhere, although I found pumpkins not too far away, it's pointless as snow Golems don't leave a snow trail in 1.2.3, one of the bugs unfortunately, so the snow ceilings are out unless I just collect snow, which is going to have to be the answer. As you may have noticed though the water shader has updated for 1.2..3!! As well as SinglePlayer Commands and the links for the 1.2.3 version of MCpatcher, so I can fix the other texture packs! As it was, no work had been done on AllBases and Modern Mountain Home II (1.9.5 world) as the MCpatcher was out of date. So now I can continue using John Smith's (For AllBases) and the standard fan continuation of Soartex, Soartex Fanver, for 1.9.5 world. (Even though text on signs is a horrible black block - they need to fix this.

Might do a few more lamps at the start of the waterfall corridor, then it'll be slightly tidying up the farms on level #4 and on to kitting out the bedroom on level #5. yes, I have become completely emboiled and hooked on this old world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts