Friday 2 March 2012

Look Before You Leap

Well, I wasn't kidding when I said i'd continue the work on the ol' underground home o world#1, I ended up  doing a fair bit last night - couldn't tear myself away from the work.


So last time the first level ended up looking like this:



I ended up continuing the wood theme round from the left of the door (Towards the right of the picture above) and used the same wood theme for the shed. This time how ever adding a small front window and a window round the side, however the flat wall opposite was another problem. I tried to make it like a proper mountain wall with a mix of dirt and stone to make it look natural, but after making a sort of pattern with the stone, (Accidentally) , I had a great idea and started digging into the stone...


Now the doggies have their own little hide-a-way!




After taking down the cobble pillar and back cobble wall behind it, I unearthed a hole behind the wall. I vaguely remember it from when I put the cobble over it as the originally where the gravel is there was water I had put there and there was an "above" area. Anyway i took pictures as I worked:



By now I was getting an idea to straighten the walls and make another room there! The original idea was to extend it from gravel height all the way back. I'm not sure what I'm going to use this room for yet, (Any ideas?) but I'm glad it came out of the development:




I also re-stoned all the walls around the infinite water source that were cobble and due to sorting out the walls to the next room down ended up slabbing the area to the right of said infinite water and added a little seat! Originally I build up stone walls by the stairs to the next level and was just going to slab the top, but ended up slabbing right across.





Already the entrance level looks much, much better! Next up is level #2 and the over looking room I was turning it into a kitchen a long time ago. I don't have an old picture of this one but I have started clearing it out. Click: Here, picture #3 to see it originally. I removed the diagonal walls that go inward and the un-level ceiling:


This is gonna be one huge kitchen! After this I run out of supplies completely so went mining it was here that disaster struck. As I removed coal from the floor I fell into lava. Lava - underneath coal! I could understand if it was under diamond, iron or gold but underneath coal?! never had that before. lost everything. So mining again, found lots of ore though in some unexplored areas:




So next up work will continue on making a nice kitchen! I also found 3 stacks of clay on my travel! Now I just need to decide on kitchen walls - maybe brick? need to get more white whol from somewhere too.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts