Tuesday 6 March 2012

Room With A Strange View





A strange title yes, but that's what the original tag was what is now the kitchen in the underground home of world#1 - completed last yesterday. It started as a dark hovel of stone and cobble, with a hole in the wall overlooking a strange area below, but last night it finally became something. Incidentally, I did get rid of that room above the kitchen in then end.


So without further a do, here is the story of this kitchen, in pictures.


Old picture is old, maybe too dark to see properly.

Old picture is old, maybe too dark to see properly.

Old picture is old, maybe too dark to see properly.







Really happy with the way it's turned out. I stuck mostly to my usual kitchen design, but instead of chest above, I made faux cabinets with hatches/trapdoors over wooden blocks for something different. I still can't believe this once grey hovel from the first picture has become this nice kitchen area, I keep stopping by to look at it now! It also seems really  strange without that room up there as well! I blocked that in and continued the wall along as there was no use for the empty landing area that led up to said room. Also had to fix the stairs as well.

I also went on a shorter exploration, animal hunting for wild creatures to bring back. This time I brought a load of sheep back to the level#1 entrance - white, grey and black sheep. Bred them and put lots of long grass down, in the end though it became too much. I had to install a gate to stop them wondering down, even then they would get onto the paved area of level#1, onto the bushes and walk along the bushes and drop down! They were getting everywhere! It came to a point where I had to make railings 2 high and the hedging 3 high! In the end I just let them out into the wild, at least I have multiple sheep around now. will try and bring some pigs, cows and chickens back too to breed as well.

Next up is finishing up the waterfall corridor on level #3 and the entrance to the "nice room" on the same level. Ideally I would like to have changed the ceiling for the kitchen and for the ceiling of the water fall corridor, standard snow ceiling. Although I have snow, I had to adventure to get it. The quickest way is to make a snow golem, but I need to find pumpkins to make one. Then I can also grow my own.

Let me know what you think of the kitchen and the use of the space over this very long period of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts