Thursday 1 March 2012

A Mixed Bag (of information)

I'm starting to wonder if this blog has a future as I post less and less. Multi-player has taken over my life I'm afraid, leaving single player worlds - just not as fun. here however is some news:


The roof is nearly finished - but then I only picked it up today as i'm at home ill. I'll be making the stair roof 5 high, then glassing over the middle. May add chests around the perimeter as a loft. I also had to fence around the waterfalls as, whenever i brought chickens home to breed, they would wander into them and drown. it's not aesthetically pleasing but should do the job!




I really wanna get this roof done and just finish it, for good.




After switching between 1.1 and the latest patch 8a, I finally settled on the latest patch, but it means the work on my new look waterfall corridor in the underground home, was taken back a stage, so I've had to re-do some of the work.


It's getting close to how I had it, all that back wall with the door and sign was done just this morning though. Around the corner things take a little difference towards the end of the corridor...




I'm hoping Mojang or rather Jeb, will add upside-down sandstone stairs as well to complete the look of that arch. Right now, temporary cobble ones are in place. I also had to move the door that's through the waterfall of the arch. It had to be moved so it's more in line with the new arch.

*It's at this point in the blog I got extremely carried on world one and began renovating the entrance to the underground home:





I've been sick of the cobblestone for a while as you know, but mainly down below. So I had been thinking about doing this for a while as I hated the original shabby cobble entrance in picture #1. I didn't have any plans for it, I just made it up as I went along - this morning. The result I opted for is more of an urban look with woods and logs to blend into the surroundings of all the grass and trees outside. It's early days yet but already the entrance is much, much nicer.

You'll notice I got rid of the squid pool in the corner too. (Formerly a wheat farm.) It was turned into said squid pool after Jeb went OTT with their spawn rate. As this has reverted many versions ago, there's no use for it any more. I want to do something with that blank corner, not sure what yet though. Would like to get rid of all of the cobble in this entrance, I just hate it. I want this level to be more organic looking and blend with the nature, so i'll keep that in mind with the rest of it.

As I'm not well right now, I can see me doing this for the remainder of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts