Thursday 7 April 2011

Temporary Beta Boredom?

That was the thought behind this post, although I think I've solved it already.


I was going to write that I was a little bored in my Beta world/house. Sure it was fun building it, but I got to a "now what?" stage. I have two rooms upstairs to fill still, (And I'm still not sure what to fill them with), but even so. There is also the docks, which is where the long path away from Phase #2 goes to, (When I said Phase #2 wasn't another house - it wasn't. At the same time, I really had no idea at that moment what it would be. Now I'm thinking possibly a public park/garden area?) I started thinking about the docks again at work tonight - because my job is that dull.


For about a month I had been thinking of building a small fishing house - not to dissimilar to my first home on my first multi-player server I played on. (Now extinct.) I miss that home. The difference being the inside where the downstairs and upstairs would have been a diner. So I thought about that idea again tonight and it gave me a grand idea for a number of buildings:



  • Captain's Quarters (Dock master's home)
  • The docks themselves
  • Small fishmongers (Would mean lots of fishing but who cares right?)
  • Small fishing shop (Mainly selling fishing rods!)
  • *Possible diner.
  • *Possible small museum charting the history of building the docks. (I do not intent to waste my diamond tools and will use iron tools, so when they wear down encase them in glass at a museum I.E. The first pick/shovel/piece of dirt dug?
  • *Possible hotel! I and another Great player ;) are building a hotel on multiplayer, but in my world i wouldn't be restricted, I could build them as I want! Make them really fancy!
So as you can see, a lot of building ideas! It's got me excited again - excited for the docks. There's still the matter of the house, but meh - what ya gonna do? As soon as I've posted this I will go laden with materials to the waters edge where the dock is, build myself up and take a screenshot for a better perspective. See where I will build all these and lay it all out.

I think the boredom came also as I've still been playing a lot on my old Alpha mountain base/home - it's still exciting in comparison to the Beta home, I never run out of stuff to do! Speaking of which...


Alpha Home News:
Well I finished the dining room. All walls finished with columns, and I did decide to use snow blocks after all for the ceiling. So here it is:



This is on the soul-sand wall just as you come through the door.

I decided to so soul-sand columns as well. Not sure why the note blocks, just a fun quirky thing. I was thinking about adding seats in front of them like music block "stations", what do you think? I never thought I'd say this is one of my favourite rooms, but it now is one of them! I have also had to add extra, extra protection around the front of my lava fall, because of this:


I was cooking pork for them. placing the furnace right where the soul-sand is above, and one wolfy jumped on the furnace, onto the land above and into the lava. :( *Sad panda face. This was just after I got a third wolfy, so I went back down to two until later when another came along. Anywho, it led me to ad even more fencing around the lava fall:


You may have also noticed I've added nice Jack O' Lantern street light about the place! I'm trying to minimize on torches, plus they look nice. I've also changed the cobble steps that ajoin the smooth stone paths - they look out of place. I replaced them with slab half-steps, and with my painterly pack, they now also blend in. Also chopped down the ridiculously large tree out the front and replaced it with a regular medium tree for uniform. How many lanterns can you see?:


At this rate I may be building a kennel or pen for the doggies, though I have the library to finish. Also changed the section with adjoining stairwell and have it uniform with the other corridors - sandstone walls, wooden floor.

Well that's it for now, I'm of to plan the docks in my Beta world, and all these new buildings!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts