Monday 11 April 2011

Plans & Other Stuff

So i made a plan of the docks area in my Beta world, and immediately began the works, laying the foundations. Hit a small snag as some things aren't as big as they appearer in the overhead floor plan, but that's okay.




The sand is only a place-holder and I'll probably have to push back the shop huts, (At the back, to the right of the picture.) as they look a bit flat and uninteresting at the moment.


Alpha Mountain Base/Home
Only a few small changes, I decided to redecorate the back viewing room with the water window. Another room with drab grey smooth stone walls. I kept thinking "water", and what would be appropriate for the walls. Kept thinking Lapis but as this is an old world - I'd have to find a new chunk.


I still need to change the seat and the ceiling but it looks much better I think. In other small news I finally put flowers by the outside of the fencing where the old lava traps used to be and have put lights on top of the bridge pointy bits. Also removed more torches, but more about that shortly. Here's the latest overview:


For the eagle-eyed you may notice a slight change. I updated the painterly pack slightly, some of it unintentional. At first I chose the wrong stone, but on the second go - not only did I restore it, but found the grass was wrong. I thought I chose the same grass, but it's actually a slightly darker green. I like it though as it looks really nice and landscaped and the paths stand out now because of it. I also deliberately changed the trees to a darker green which looks great, and unintentionally changed the glass. The glass has a thicker border frame as to the previous has none, but I kinda like it. The main change though is the torches. No longer do they look like candles, I changed them to the fat white bulbs. As a result they stand out more (Which wasn't what I originally wanted), but, it means I've had to remove some torches as it can look a bit "torch spammed".

Usually outside I've always put torches the way I do inside, like this:

 |torch|space|space|torch|

I.E. two blocks between each torch, but if there's enough space I now do it:

torch|space|space|space|space|torch|

Four between each torch, ambient lighting. Where there are short areas of mountain wall - whether mine the nearby one or surrounding outside area, I'd do it torch|space|torch|space| but now with these new bulbs it's more like the old: |torch|space|space|torch|.

I've also toyed with the idea for a swimming pool, but wouldn't know where to put it. However, as I write this, I started thinking: "tennis courts & swimming pool?" So Now I'm considering leveling this back mountain:


The little building on the right might become a victim however. Although this is no great loss as it only serves as a hide-a-way for the stairs to the alternate entrance to the dinning hall. I was going to do it up, but might not now. I dunno, it'd take ALOT of work to level that, or TNT it, but it would open up that area and be a huge space! It would also mean a vast dramatic change to that area! (And make the grounds of my home even bigger.... Grrr, I'm really tempted to do it now! I think I will, I'm too excited at the possibility now!

Watch this space!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts