Tuesday 26 April 2011

Distracted

So I returned to my first Alpha world (World1), with the sky-bridges to have a little look around again, and I got distracted on this world! I decided to take a boat trip and do a little exploring, look for new chunks etc. I initially did this because I saw what I thought I was clay out in the middle of the sea. Literally 1 block on it's own surrounded by no other visible blocks on the surface, just visible on the surface. Well, I was right. Not only that but I ended up finding 6 & 3/4 stacks of clay! And I knew exactly where and what I was going to do with it. In my underground city/home , you might remember this room as one of my favourite future rooms on level 5:



Well, I decided to make that pillar the brick, especially as I had just changed the brick on painterly. This opened up ideas for the rest of the room with 2 feature walls (Painterly cookie dough clay blocks) and two sand walls with a wooden floor:


Big difference eh?! I know I need to so something about the ceiling still but this is what started my distraction on this world from a look around/explore to fixing up some of the old areas at last. I even redecorated the immediate outside of the room and built up the rest of the clay walls by the stairs down to this room, (Otherwise a 1/2 or 3/4 wall of clay blocks would've looked weird), for a proper access - not just walk down the stairs and there it is. It now has a wall and door there.




The second find was a... not so much hill, not even a mountain, more of a lump of grass on the sand. I hollowed it out for a temporary overnight Hobbit home. In the morning I found a large sand biome that would sustain any future endeavorers using glass, sand or sandstone for life:

This picture does not do the size of it justice.

So yeah, I got carried away in this world, I fixed the bottom of the stairs between level 4 and 5 so you don't immediately have to fall down the stair hole, or be wary of it when coming down to 4 on the way to five. This also resulted in a new corridor for that bit and I ended up cobbling out the upper section of leevel 4 that the viewing area looks over:

No more walking down into the hole of the next stairwell, at least you can go round now.


Before:


After:


Just because these walls are cobblestone however, does not mean they will stay that way.

I also begun raising the ceiling for the "Nice room" on level 3, despite it being a big undertaking. The problem was, the uneven ceiling overhung, so when you looked out the viewing room above you had smoothstone in the way - which was unsightly for the view and in he way. I'll need to raise the sandstone walls and columns but that won't be a problem now I don't have to worry about sand.


When I get enough brown wool, I'll probably replace the dirt in the floor as well. Will I continue this now I've started it again? Time will tell..

For a full reminder of the floors to the the underground city/home, see: Here




World2
Back on my main Alpha world meantime, the mountain home/base, I went exploring in a cave located a few hills past the swimming pool. It was one of the more newer caves and I managed to replenish my gold I lost and all the iron ingots/Iron ore I lost and even managed to score 6 diamonds to give me a diamond: sword, pick and shovel. Just one more and I could've had an axe.. Subsequently I l have lost almost these from boating to another opposite island returning at night, again. Due to this, I decided I was tired of losing boats, and stuff and began building another bridge, this time out of Netherrack. After a fall however I swan back to the shore and got shanghaied by Skeletons. It's very hard to see your stuff underwater. I managed to get my diamond pick back but lost my diamond sword and shovel. I did get some new doggie friends also, due to which I removed the cacti from out the front in case I want to go walkies with them. Something I had considered doing with the cacti for a while. They're all replanted further back behind the wishing well & park, where it's more dark - great for collecting at first light from the mobs!

Can't think of anything else, found a dungeon in that cave though and got a green disc in the chest! Nice music. A dug out room a little way down the stairs from the portal room now serves as a spawn room as well. After the bed glitch, I couldn't figure out why it still wouldn't work with doors, mountain all around it and spamming it with torches - it still wouldn't work! I kept spawning two mountains away from my home -very annoying. Seems two thick walls IS essential and there was one wall that didn't meet this so when I finally cottoned on, I bricked it up with cobble and now it works like a dream.

Guess I can fill that trench in two mountains away - already for another portal, the main reason for going to the cave in the first place to get diamond to get obsidian.

The irony.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts