Monday 18 April 2011

About that room...

Do you remember I redid the rear lounge floor, but couldn't decide what block to decorate with?:



Well after coming off Minecraft, I had to go back on about 5 - 10 minutes later because I had an idea what I can use, gold blocks. Some people hoard their ores like Diamond, I don't, I use them. I also use my Iron ingots too, but gold, tends to unintentionally gets hoarded. After all it's only gold blocks and clocks, (Heh, that rhymes!), that you can make with them. I don't intentionally hoard them, but they're so limiting. So I decided to melt them down and turn some of them in to gold blocks:


Part of me gets tempted to add another material in some of those other squares, but, we'll see..

The swimming pool is coming along nicely, though filling it is a bit awkward. I did extend the pattern on the walls round the sides  in the end and am currently working on the first of the two changinf rooms but I need more sand first, especially for the sandstone. I did another stream as well, this ones an epic 2 hours long but also includes an up to the minute tour around the place from 52 minutes on in the stream:


During the stream I lost two of my doggies to a skeleton attack and went down to at least five, but have tamed more and am up from seven to about eight or nine now. The stream went okay, got between 5 - 7 viewers, up on last time. Here's the latest pic from poolside:



Given that I'm using less torches to lit the outside, I might remove the under-floor lighting it's not bright enough and to replace all with lava under glass would mean constant trips up and down to get the lava. Still thinking about flattening the steps by the pool that lead back to the diner, when It could just go straight across , now there's no building at the top of that hill.. Also made a fiery... well, it's not so much a beacon but more of a tribal pot (cobblestone) of fire. (Netherrack on fire) on pole supports. This is out the front of the base, pretty near the wishing well.

Off to decide on the stairs before work!..


1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.


    Filling a Swimming Pool

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts