Thursday 24 February 2011

A S**t-load Of Sand

That's what it took to get the sandstone for my walls. During the first and second level there is one room where I intentionally had a dirt floor and had to leave a block gap to let the grass grown in. If you look at the diagram below at the open square center top:


This is because I wanted like a bio-garden area there in the middle of the house, thought it would be nice. A tree will go in the middle, not sure what will happen with the ceiling there but but it will be like an inside oasis. Back to the walls however, and I had to rape my shore line again. The beach area is now completely flat because it has took so much sand. I worked my way up and up, doing the inner walls last each time and building them up at the same time.

You can just see the grass in that room!

By about 4 - 5 blocks up i went around the outside and added holes for windows where I thought the walls looked flat and uninteresting outside:


You can tell this was after the Minecraft 1.3/1.3_01 update can't you., by the shadow in the alcove of the wall!

As you can see it's coming along very nicely now, and is really beginning to take shape. The next step will be to ad another border around the house, (More logs, more insta-trees!) to separate the bottom layer and future top layer like a house I did in Multiplayer. Also, if it was all sand stone straight up it would look boring. Not that it will be - sandstone, I may have one row of sandstone and all glass. And, i swear I just thought of this instead of glass all round, some sand stone wall so it looks really nice!

Some night pictures of the work:







Ceiling work has begun but it takes a long time when you have use wool and have to get lots of it. It wasn't my second, third or fourth choice, but, because of my painterly texture pack, it actually looks like ceiling tiles because of the stitch-work around the edge! What I'll do is have a two log border so the wooden floor for upstairs will hide the wool ceiling from downstairs over the top. I leave you with this recent picture of the work:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts