Sunday 27 February 2011

6:13

That's the time on Friday when I finally finished the last ceiling of the last room to the ground level! Immediately I also wooded out the area on top so the ground level is completely sealed and the floor of the upstairs is also completely laid:



Because I already had sand stone and after another trip to get more (sand) I immediately laid the walls for the upper floor. This took no time at all as I had already planned to have lots of glass up there anyway. After much crafting of sandstone, and firing many stacks of glass for sand I also filled in the windows. Had a few spiders attack as well - climbing all the way up the sandstone! It 2 windows took a stack of glass each! I took about 84 glass I think it was.






I have made a couple of trips to get more sandstone to finish the interior walls, but unfortunately it has ended with death each time. The first time, I had a full inventory of sand and as soon as it began to get dark I headed home. On the way however, some sand gave way underneath me, must've been against the grassy land along the edge of the shore near a shallow cave, and the ground collapsed beneath me. I fell in to a shallow cave, had to use a stack of sand to build up and face going home with one heart left. Because of the fall, it was even darker when I returned to the surface (Hmph, in hindsight I should've stayed there all night), so although I out-run skeletons, creepers and zombies, I think it was a spider that got me in the end. I lost everything.  It also happened again which makes me hesitant on getting sand for a while. After the first time I kept thinking "Why didn't I turn it on peaceful?!!", it's because I don't do that, I don't choose the easy option when things hit the fan. I play on easy/normal all the time.

Because of this, I ended up making a new front entrance, that firmly establishes that the single door is the front of the house. and the double doors the back of the house. I also recently planted reeds around the water near my mining cave for sugar and paper/books/bookcases. One morning when I went outside though, a creeper was right outside my new front entrance. I tried to back away but got stuck. Sssssssssss... BOOM! Most of the entrance survived, but the flowers and planting around it suffered. Might change the sandstone around the door to glass so this doesn't happen again when I get sand.. Whilst at the front end I also found a tree to take screen shots from a new angle of the lesser seen front end, so here's pictures of the new entrance and from the other angle:






When I can be arsed I'll get more sand although I now have all my coal to replace, lost some iron ore too, though I have enough at home. Also lost my two remaining diamonds. :( There'll be a small farm out the back and a path to the pond/fish pond with the reeds. Maybe I'll make the pond deep and squid might spawn? Right now though I've got replacing to do. Until I get that sand I may also start the fencing around the place..




2 comments:

  1. Looking good :).
    What texturepack are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using the painterly pack, my personal choices included big bushy white & red flowers, dark mahogany wood and white brick sandstone - the last of which I love!

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts