Wednesday 23 February 2011

Foundations For Life On World3

Preparations have begun, as the smooth-stone went down along the edges of the house where it dips down one block to sand; I begin lining the foundations. I work my way all around the edge with smooth-stone to line the house and also the rooms. I consider putting smooth-stone all over but that would require ALOT of baking and a LOT of coal use. Later in hindsight I realize I could've just use cobble half slabs as I have plenty of cobble from mining.



Already the basic room shapes are forming as I then fill the rooms, namely the two corridors, that I know are going to have wood floors. I still contemplate what my walls might be, once again I consider sandstone because of my texture pack, and how nice it looks. Although that would take a colossal amount of sand, but there is a shore near by.




With other rooms filled up with a temporary floor of dirt, the base of the house slowly fills and takes shape. Sandstone is definitely the way I decide to go, and so it doesn't look completely plain I add a log border. For this I do get bonemeal of the skeletons who I kill now I've turned the hardness back up, or get it from them when they die in the mornings. It's a beat of a cheat, but I use the bone meal for a repeated insta-tree. It serves me well for an instant tree and as much logs as I need until the bonemeal runs out. Eventually however the floors get filled and the logs complete the border of the downstairs level of the house:



Next up, is where the fun begins. The mass gathering of sand to make sandstone to begin the walls. At first they will just be built up, holes can be done later for where I want windows. This is where the new house, my new home is about to take it's grand shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts