Monday 21 February 2011

It's Over - End of an Era Part 2.

Over the weekend I was playing about with generating new worlds, - not to start a new one, just to see if I would get anything could and the inevitable happened. Something I always feared accidently doing and that I would do one day... Clicking on the wrong world. For the second time, my main world, which has been with me since Alpha and started in October was deleted once again.


It had been a few months since last time and I forgot how to resurrect them, although something told me to make a new World2 folder and put the level.dat file in there. You see, it was backed up, but a few weeks ago, all the recent building on top of my mountain base, it's connecting bridge to the a nearby mountain, the new outside park (outside my front boundaries with another waterfall and decorated nicely with flowers all gone. However, this level .dat tricked worked - but I was in the middle of nowhere. It would be pointless making a compass as I have a new spawn-point, Cartograph doesn't work well any more and Cartograph G won't give me any pictures. Minetograph takes to long for a simple rescue map. I considered temporary homes - until the day I could get diamonds - to get obsidian, to make another portal to bypass a shortcut (Hopefully) home. That was the plan.


After a few deaths and a few temporary homes out there it began to hit me - it's time to close the chapter on both these old Alpha worlds. I could still work on World#1 and my underground city, but my love is not there, especially with having to find my main world (World2) again. This is not the end of this blog however. I was going to type here, that, IF I find a new suitable world I like, I would start anew and catalogue it here, only this time with a full early pictorial of the world before building that I never did with my Alpha worlds, as I never had that idea back then. Since then I have found a world yesterday and begun. so there is no more "IF's". I leave you with the last ever pictures of my old main world as I bid on a new world and an ambitious new project...


*In some pictures the texture pack has changed from HD to a custom painterly pack, just fancied a change.


Large 180 view, click to see full size.




Finished work on top of the mountain:










Filled that HUGE empty room, - dining room






Where we all end up...

Three more were added behind these on various dates through February.

The library update:






A fresh challenge however, awaits.....








No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts