Tuesday 9 September 2014

The missing AUGUST Updates

A bit of an update on things.

Last time I posted, I had begun to make a huge structure, temporarily with dirt walls until proper ones could be put in. I wasn't sure if this was going to be a factory an apartment block or a hotel, right now however; I'm leaning towards hotel.

The last time we looked at it, it was something like this:


It is now like this:

When I last played on it, (Magic launcher is being very temperamental these days), I have - as you can see done a lot more of the floor. The small tree farm is still there, but at this rate it will have to be moved soon.


Mo' Creatures, Mo Problems
Last time I had found a cave and was building a circular home up from it that would eventually be like a cyclindrical glass tube sticking out the ground. It then looked like this:


Since then, significant work has been done; including leveling the inside to a very base level deep down and turning that wall into glass with stone side accents. I also have a replacement goat after the former two died and a pet panda too!

Currently looks like:




I actually had to go in the game just now to get those two pictures, thankfully Magic Launcher/Forge was in a good mood and worked so I might actually be able to continue.






I set myself some challenges and new rules for this world. The twist is - I cannot build inside the mountain! Any rooms I need for this have to be on the mountain or coming off the mountain. That means there may well be platforms built of the sides of the mountain - but no building inside it! I can use the inside for resources - but that's all! I can also convert the sides of the mountain if I wish - which is an idea, looks completely built on the outside but is really solid mountain inside.

The last time I posted about this world I had barely begun the top of the house:



When I last played it, I continued a border around the house upstairs so that the top part stuck out more than the lower ground floor to give it depth. After a bit of creeper damage walls have started to go up and window holes are in place. I may have even found a corner for a little en-suite bathroom up there!





Creative Builds
Built on a creative section on a server I frequent. Plot is 48 x 48, resource pack: Better Than Default. Based on a Kerala design home.




The back still needs a lot of work however.


Lastly, I've started another Hexxit world, but this time the plan is to build a mansion out of a battle tower! I have - in the past, conquered a battle tower and begun renovating it after it's destruction - to live there, but never got far on the building side. The idea is this - once conquered I will do a partial renovation and restore the ruins, then on either side of the battle tower I will build the sides of the mansion out so the front of the house will return a half-curve of half the battle tower sticking out! Eventually that part will be rendered in new building material.

Beyond that it's your idea to help and guide me and give me ideas! I might post more about this next time however.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts