Thursday 21 March 2013

Tearin' It Down!

World #3


So I've decided to tear the whole thing down and start again.

Originally I decided not to and to patch things up after the cave golem damage. Outside, things weren't too bad but on the inside, there were too many internal walls knocked down by the cave golem.
















The plan was to just patch up the walls and rebuild, but after thinking long and hard, and deciding a "roll back" on the world [From an earlier backed-up save] was too much of an easy option. In a way it's better, as this was built in either late Alpha; or early Beta. Like my two beginner worlds before them - World #1 and world #2 (My main world still), my building style has changed drastically for the better. So it's fitting in a way I start over. I still have a hard copy of the world as it was however, before all the damage.

Over the last 3 days or so I have been steadily knocking it down block by block from the roof down:




In a way it is a little sad to see it go, but as long as I have the hard back-up copy it will always exist. I'm more excited to see what the new build will look like, it's going to be a very modern home, ultra smart and fancy with the transfer to the Soartex texture pack.

Read about the story of this old home: Here.


2 comments:

  1. Cool minecraft blog you should check out mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you! I will definitely check yours out when I have time!

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts